A Decent C/C After Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Decent C/C After Discharge

I recieved an application today which seems to be decent. My discharge was issued in Sept, 2009. All my credit cards were closed. I am on a strictly cash basis now, but did want a card available to make a motel reservation, etc. if necessary.

I received an application today for a Master Card from Juniper who issues cards from Barclay's Bank. There is no annual or set up fee. The interest rate is 14.99% which is very high but I will not be charging. I applied online and got an instant approval for $1,050.00 which is nothing, BUT since I won't be charging this does not matter. The minimum they issue is $250. This might be a good one for someone who wants a card for the purpose I do, so I thought I would post the information.

Thanks for the tip, I'm not discharged yet but have had a hard time trying to rent a car for a trip during the thanksgiving holiday. Its good to know where I can try once discharged
    Filed Chapter 7 September 25, 2009
    341 November 2, 2009
    Final Day for Objections 1-1-10 (Happy New Year!)
    Discharged 1-4-10

Comment

Just watch out for them, they have been one of the worst creditors I've had to deal with so far. They were totally unwilling to work out any payment arrangements, and harassed me constantly by phone for weeks.

Although, nice terms on that card...I had decent credit when I opened my card with them and they only gave me $500 @ 21.49%..

Comment

Originally posted by mami2four View Post
        Thanks for the tip, I'm not discharged yet but have had a hard time trying to rent a car for a trip during the thanksgiving holiday. Its good to know where I can try once discharged
        You can also get a secured credit card. I plan on trying for one about 4 months after discharge if I can scrounge up enough for a $500 - $700 limit to cover a car rental (an occasional professional and/or personal need). You may also rent with a debit card if you're careful and lucky. A friend uses Hotwire or Priceline to bid and pre-pay, and then presents her debit card for pick-up. So far, she's only had a $200 hold put in the card that has been released within 1-2 days of return.

If you present a debit card, the company will likely do a credit check, though, resulting in a hit. I don't know what the BK reference does to the rental prospects since my friend "only has" abysmal credit and not a bk.

Comment

we used debit card with Alamo with no trouble. They simply needed to see my return flight info and they only placed a hold on the total rental amount (which was under $100). They did not run a credit check.

Read the fine print on their websites/call around and you might find it much easier to rent than you expected.

(That being said, having a credit card for travel would be nice...first I have to file, then discharge and we can take it from there!)

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
            we used debit card with Alamo with no trouble. They simply needed to see my return flight info and they only placed a hold on the total rental amount (which was under $100). They did not run a credit check
            That's good to know. Hertz depends on the branch on whether they accept Debit of run a credit check. Enterprise apparently accepts Debit but also does a hold for twice the amount of the car rental plus a reserve - at least the branch near here.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X