Help me understand..pacer and trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me understand..pacer and trustee

OK i went on pacer today and saw this. Please help me..what does this mean?

Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution: I, Albert XxXx,having been appointed trustee of the estate of the above-named debtor(s), report that I have neither received any property nor paid any money on account of this estate; that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate; and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law. Pursuant to Fed R Bank P 5009, I hereby certify that the estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered. I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee. Key information about this case as reported in schedules filed by the debtor(s) or otherwise found in the case record: This case was pending for 1 months. Assets Abandoned: $ 0.00, Assets Exempt: $ 3549.00, Claims Scheduled: $ 19547.00, Claims Asserted: Not Applicable, Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment: $ 19547.00.

It means you have no assets and the trustee is done with you.
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

YOU, my man, are on your way to discharge. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Wow!!! I am super excited...but why does it say "Assets Exempt: $ 3549.00"...
        also its only been since oct 21 that i went to the 341 is it possible to be discharged before the 60 days? i appreciate u guys help

Comment

You are not discharge yet but the trustee is not interested in your assets. You should be discharged 60 days from your 341. Good luck!
          Filed CH7 on Aug-06-2009 -- DONE!
          341 meeting on Oct-01-2009 -- DONE!
          Discharged on Nov-12-2009 -- DONE!
          Case Closed on Jun-15-2010 -- DONE!

Comment

Yep, good job. My Pacer stuff said the exact same thing, except for the $ amounts. Don't forget to take the personal financial management course and file the Form 23 (B23) prior to 45 calender days. I filed my B23 today and my BK is scheduled to be closed 11-20-09
            08/ 3/09 - Filed Chapter 7 IN PRO SE, Central CA
            09/21/09-341 Meeting, 10/28/09-Financial Mgt class
            11/02/09 - Filed Form B23, may close on 11/20/09
            12/03/09 - Received Notice of Discharge of Debtor

Comment

I didn't have to file Form 23, my attorney just sent in the certificates. Are you required to fill out form 23?

Sorry for off-topic.

Comment

Form 23? I have no idea what that is. I was never told I have to do that. I took the fmc already. So I guess all I have to do is wait the 60 days..

Comment

mikemike, you have taken the second (Debtor Education) course, right? If so, you must have received some certificate and send it to your attorney or the firm that did it for you could forward it directly to your attorney. Or maybe it was in your attorney's office, some do that. However it was done, you should see those certificates filed in your case under pacer.

I am not sure where you are in your timeline but I am pretty confident that it has to be done within 45 days after your 341 meeting.

Comment

Looking at the B23 form,,,,,,, it does require the debtor's signature. So like RB said you would have received the cert of completion after taking the course.. On the certificate is a long series of numbers that goes on the B23 form. These #'s get typed into the BK Court's computer along with the info that you have completed the course. If you don't file the B23 within the 45 calendar days, your BK is automatically closed and you have to file, and pay the whole $ amount again, to re-open it.
                    08/ 3/09 - Filed Chapter 7 IN PRO SE, Central CA
                    09/21/09-341 Meeting, 10/28/09-Financial Mgt class
                    11/02/09 - Filed Form B23, may close on 11/20/09
                    12/03/09 - Received Notice of Discharge of Debtor

Comment

There are some exceptions though, like in my district, my attorney simply filed the certificates for my wife and myself and that was it. We had another option (again, in the district we filed) to sign and submit the Forms 23. I guess it varies depending on the local court system but I would imagine you have to file one or the other for sure!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X