top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure which mortgage payment to list - loan mod payment or original payment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure which mortgage payment to list - loan mod payment or original payment?

I spoke with Wells Fargo who said that the loan mod would be voided during the bankruptcy and I would have to apply again (also said that I wouldn't get the government loan mod that halves the payment, it's only offered once). So should I list the trial period payment on the bankruptcy docs or list the original payment since the loan mod will be voided anyway??? Just curious to see if what others may have done in the same situation.

We are currently in month 2 of our HAMP trial period and have decided to wait until permanent approval to file Chapter 7. We called Wells Fargo and got so many different answers as to whether us filing BK during a mod will affect us.

If they don't make our mod permanent we will be filing Ch 13 and will be petitioning to lien strip the 2nd & 3rd mortgages, over $100k worth.

If you have started the mod process in my opinion it is probably better NOT to mess with it by filing BK. Depends on your lender and your circumstances.
    Stopped paying c. cards February 2009
    Retained attorney 11/5/09 - $100k in C.Card debt - $120000 per year income - Filed Feb 2010 - 341 Apr 2010 - No Asset Case/Report of No Dist Apr 2010 - Discharged June 2010
    Case went without a hitch!
    I HELD MY HEAD HIGH IN THAT COURTROOM AND NOW I AM MOVING ON!

Comment

I wish we could wait, but unfortunately we received a summons/complaint from Chase and the trial period hasn't even started yet (Dec-Feb). Don't want to risk getting a judgment.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X