Credit Card offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card offers

We have been getting at least one a day. They are all ones with annual fees, plus tons of other fees. I got one today from Capital One. It has a $39 annual fee, 0% on transfers, which I don't obviously have right now, and 18% on other balances. High rate, but for just filing, thought it was a good offer. Our lawyer said to get one as soon as we can, charge a small amount and have a small balance and pay off each month. Does this sound ok? I am nervous about getting another card. I am sure it will have a small limit, so I guess that is ok. If something were to come up, new tire, new stove, we would be screwed. So, I am wondering if I should start applying for some?
    Filed 8-21-09
    341 10-9-09
    12-14-09 Discharged
    12-29-09 CLOSED!!!

I waited till discharge to apply, but I guess you could apply and see what happens.
    7-2-2009 Filed
    8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
    10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

When we transferred our money to the Credit Union prefiling, they gave us a credit card at 10%.

We've just started using it very little over the last month and a half. We'll charge a tank of gas and I transfer the money over within a day or two to pay for the balance.
      Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
      341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
      Discharged: 11/30/2009
      Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

We are leasing a car after turning over 2 cars, so our lawyer said that will help with our credit. We did that the day we filed, so the BK was not on our credit yet.
        Filed 8-21-09
        341 10-9-09
        12-14-09 Discharged
        12-29-09 CLOSED!!!

Comment

Does the IIB show on your credit report before a discharge?

I am asking because I would think if it's not until after discharge you would get a better fico score once it shows and your chances would be better so you might want to wait.

Juls
          Filed Chapter 7 on 09/24/09
          Discharged 1/4/10

Comment

I just received a letter from a store credit card ( that I didn't remember having) that due to an inactivity on my card they have lowered my credit limit to $400! I think that is kind of crazy and just goes to show that even while in bankuptcy you can still get credit and I can see why people can get themselves in trouble again! I have been credit card free for 21 months!!

Comment

Originally posted by Juls View Post
              Does the IIB show on your credit report before a discharge?
              It did here. On all three.
              No Asset 7 closed 11/09

Comment

Mine also.
                Filed 8-21-09
                341 10-9-09
                12-14-09 Discharged
                12-29-09 CLOSED!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...