Enjoyed the first 341 so much, went back for seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoyed the first 341 so much, went back for seconds

Today was my second 341 (or more accurately, the continuation of my first).

After bad experiences with my first lawyer before/during/after the first 341, I was understandably a little on edge about how my new attorney would perform and how much the trustee would grill me. (On edge enough to have been awake since 1:30 this morning wondering if the orange jumpsuit would fit. )

I'm happy to report that I came out of this 341 medium rare. The grilling wasn't at all as bad as I'd been warned by various lawyers that it might be, given the extent to which my first attorney botched my case.

So now I just have to wait and see what the trustee decides to do about the personal injury claim I'm exempting... Will she accept it, take it over, or declare part of it non-exempt? My attorney thinks it will probably be the latter. I of course have all my forks crossed, hoping that my luck is finally changing and she'll just accept it. Time will tell.

In the meantime, since she concluded the 341, I'm just grateful that I won't have to go back for thirds. And no matter what she does with the claim, I'm going to be so happy to be rid of all this debt and worry. Even if she takes all of my potential little nest egg, it will be worth it to get a fresh start. (Well, okay, as much of a fresh start as a 60-plus penniless woman can have! )

Thanks for reading. Oh,almost forgot... my lawyer says I'm now in the 60-day club!

Hey, medium-rare only has a little blood.... I'll keep my fingers (forks) crossed that the Trustee rules in your favor regarding the settlement.

Yeah!!! Congrats and welcome to the 60 day club!!!
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
      Hey, medium-rare only has a little blood.... I'll keep my fingers (forks) crossed that the Trustee rules in your favor regarding the settlement.

Yeah!!! Congrats and welcome to the 60 day club!!!
      LOL. Thanks, Liz417! And that clapping sound is music to my ears. Or maybe it's my Heinz 57...

Comment

I am glad that your 341 is finally over ForTheBest! I will keep my fingers crossed that your trustee leaves your settlement alone.

Now that you have a competent lawyer, things will go much more smoothly in your case.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

congrats,....
          we also have to have a second 341 on monday...no grilling from the trustee,he juste wanted me to amend our schedule C to exempt more...go figure...
          filed chap 7 pro se 09/15/09
          341 meeting 10/19/09 continued
          2nd 341 meeting 11/09/09 concluded
          discharged : 12/21/09 closed :01/08/10

Comment

Thanks so much, BTS and Patch. I so appreciate your positive thoughts. And Patch... can I please have your trustee when you're done with him?

Comment

Originally posted by ForTheBest View Post
              Today was my second 341 (or more accurately, the continuation of my first).

After bad experiences with my first lawyer before/during/after the first 341, I was understandably a little on edge about how my new attorney would perform and how much the trustee would grill me. (On edge enough to have been awake since 1:30 this morning wondering if the orange jumpsuit would fit. )

I'm happy to report that I came out of this 341 medium rare. The grilling wasn't at all as bad as I'd been warned by various lawyers that it might be, given the extent to which my first attorney botched my case.

So now I just have to wait and see what the trustee decides to do about the personal injury claim I'm exempting... Will she accept it, take it over, or declare part of it non-exempt? My attorney thinks it will probably be the latter. I of course have all my forks crossed, hoping that my luck is finally changing and she'll just accept it. Time will tell.

In the meantime, since she concluded the 341, I'm just grateful that I won't have to go back for thirds. And no matter what she does with the claim, I'm going to be so happy to be rid of all this debt and worry. Even if she takes all of my potential little nest egg, it will be worth it to get a fresh start. (Well, okay, as much of a fresh start as a 60-plus penniless woman can have! )

Thanks for reading. Oh,almost forgot... my lawyer says I'm now in the 60-day club!
              You win today's top prize for metaphor use in one post!

Congratulation on your status!
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Yippee!! I'm glad your new attorney and the trustee didn't transform your 341 continuation into a personal injury case! It surely sounds like you had your ducks in a row. Hopefully, you'll get to keep the (nest) egg! Congrats!
                *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Congratulations! Hopefully the next 60 days fly by!
                  4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                  5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                  7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                  7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Yes, indeed!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
                    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks so much, aces67 and AngelinaCat.

AngelinaCat, you (and/or 'Hub) were the first one to reply to the very first question I posted on the forum. I was so scared to post and so relieved when somebody actually answered. You will always have my gratitude for that.

Must admit, though, it took me a few weeks to figure out exactly what a 'Hub was! For a while there, I thought you were the same person... who just happened to double post a lot! LOL

Comment

HakunaMatata... Ducks, eggs...You have me cracking up over here.

OhioFiler... Thanks! Hey, everybody needs a talent. Just be glad I spared you the limericks.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X