top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What assets did the trustee take in your Ch 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paintings and prints...

what can I say. I am an MJ fan and have been since 8 years old. After he died in June, I was in shock. Then I found that on ebay, people were painting and sketching him right after his death and I felt compelled to buy some. He is still special to me and I love unique. Before this I only had his music.

I will be decluttering before my appointment just in case.

Comment

Be sure not to "declutter" too much... I was "warned" the appraiser will watch for that as well. Don't want a big house thats mostly empty or shy of things they would consider normal. Just FYI!
      Filed 10/11/08 - 341 11/23/08 - Discharged 1/26/09
      2/19/09 Stipulation agreement reached w/trustee - Still awaiting Closed Status
      Check my blog at Steve's Bankruptcy Blog Watch day by day what happens with a PITA trustee! - Web Hosting by Broadband Hosting Web Hosting

Comment

Thank you Steve. I appreciate all the information. Now if they would call me back to schedule I would like to get this over with.

Comment

Now I am a little confused, I read that if you have an asset, say a vehicle, that is owned free and clear it can be bought back from the trustee with cash. So if you have say 13k cash, you must report it, but you can still use that to buy back an asset? I hope my question makes sense, Thanks in advance for answering.
          Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
          341 March 18
          Discharged...May 18
          Awaiting closing...

Comment

You can only buy back your assets with funds you have exempted or funds earned after the filing date. You can not use funds that belong to the Trustee in the filing. Some people make arrangements with the Trustee to make the payments over time. Some people dip into their retirement accounts to buy back assets, although this is not recommended.
            Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
            Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

I see, that makes perfect sense. Thanks
              Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
              341 March 18
              Discharged...May 18
              Awaiting closing...

Comment

Thanks, but we tired other places too. We are now hoping we don't have to sell them at all, but who knows if next year is not better we might, gun metal has a nasty taste.. lol Our guns are all single action for reenactment shooting...so only a handful of people want them in our state..and those handful must be laid off too..

Comment

Originally posted by want2save View Post
                  I had to buy back my 2004 Nissan Qwest van and with my $2,150 exemption I paid an additional $4500. My 2002 Mazda Protege 5 I bought back for $3,000. In no case was this pennies on the dollar!!!!!! I let the Trustee take my 1099 Rexhall Motorhome as there was no way I could afford to buy it back. All these vehicles were free and clear. The motor home will be auctioned shortly.

I was discharged in September but my case will not close until all monies have been distributed and the trustee's final reports done.
                  my cars and a 5h wheel are still not paid for. Does anything happen to them?
                  (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
                  :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

NOTHING!!!

I had a truck that was over the exemption, but it wasnt enought to be worth it to the trutee I guess!
                    Filed C7 9-14-09
                    341 Meeting 10-26-09
                    Last day for Objections 12-28-09
                    Discharged 1-4-10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X