341... That didn't hurt a bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341... That didn't hurt a bit

We had our 341 today. We got to sit through 4-5 others. That really helped. Most were standard questions and done. The Trustee said at the end of them that he would be entering them as no asset.

The one right before ours was a little more interesting and the Trustee seemed a bit humorous even if he wasn't trying to be. The couple had taken a 17k loan from the father and were repaying it all along. The Trustee asked what it was for and she said it was personal. He got a look on his face and asked if it was a personal loan or if it was personal and she wasn't going to tell him what it was for... She said the former. Kinda funny. There was another point in their meeting when it came to assets. They had listed 5600 worth of stuff and that is too much here. He asked them and worked with them and in the end said they had overvalued their stuff. Nice.

Our meeting was not as interesting. Luckily. He noted our last years tax return and asked if we were expecting the same or more. We let him know that my wife worked less and that we would have fewer deductions since we are letting the house go back. That was it. A couple more standard questions and he said he was entering it as a no asset. 60 day club!!!

One last thing. I really want to thank all of the people that post here. Not just the ones that answered my specific questions. It was so very helpful to be able to read the questions and answers of others going through the same thing. This could have been so much more stressful than it was. I actually had no trouble sleeping last night. I did get a little nervous when we were waiting in the hall before our 341. Even that went away when we watched the cases before ours.

Thanks again.
    9/30/09 * Filed Ch7
    11/9/09 * 341 - Uneventful
    1/11/10 * Closed

lovely! but you don't seem to be sleeping too well tonight (you posted at 4am!). i hope you are just staying up to celebrate
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Congrats! I hope your 60 days go smoothly!
      4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
      5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
      7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
      7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Congratulations!
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

We all worry at first until we realize it's not that big of a deal (of course no one could make me believe that either until it was over ).

Congratulations!
          Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
          341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
          Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

Thanks again everyone...

Just checked the PACER alternative and here it is...

Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution: I, ____________, having been appointed trustee of the estate of the above-named debtor(s), report that I have neither received any property nor paid any money on account of this estate; that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate; and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law. Pursuant to Fed R Bank P 5009, I hereby certify that the estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered. I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee. Key information about this case as reported in schedules filed by the debtor(s) or otherwise found in the case record: This case was pending for 1 months. Assets Abandoned: $ xxxxxx.xx, Assets Exempt: $ xxxxx.xx, Claims Scheduled: $ xxxxxx.xx, Claims Asserted: Not Applicable, Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment: $ xxxxxx.xx. (xxxxxxxxxx) (Entered: 11/10/2009)

Hopefully a smooth 60 and done.
            9/30/09 * Filed Ch7
            11/9/09 * 341 - Uneventful
            1/11/10 * Closed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X