What to do(or not do) between filing and 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do(or not do) between filing and 341

We just filed on Tues Nov 10, and await our 341 meeting on Jan. 6th. In the meantime, any suggestions on things to avoid, or just proceed with normal life until the meeting. Specifically my thoughts are on holiday spending. We will keep it on budget, but I dont want to raise any red flags. We still have a checking account that had $82.00 in it on filing date. We had planned to put our paychecks into it and use our debit card for gas and groceries. My wife hates to carry cash with her. But what if a purchase from say, "Best Buy" shows up. Do they even look at bank statements after filing if there are no large deposits or transactions out of the ordinary. Or would it be best to simply cash paychecks and use cash for all purchases. Anything I should be careful not to do between now and the 341?
    filed ch 7 Nov. 11, 2009

341 meeting Jan 6, 2010

live a normal life....save bills for all cash expenses...dont withdraw or issue checks to friends/family for a large amt ( more than 600 )

other than that ...just wait for the 341 ...and then the nod )
    c7 nov 06 2009

341 - dec 16 2009

Comment

Anyone else? I'm interested in this info too....

Comment

I live in GA. so my district may look at things differently than your,but my Ch7 just disharged and closed on 11/12 with no problems and from day 1 of filing the only thing we did differently was open a new checking acct at a local bank(we did this before we filed) that we had no credit cards or loans with. Other than that we lived normal lives, we paid everything we purchased with our debit cards whether it was gas,food,restaurants or a new pc printer from Best Buy and we continued our direct deposits into the new acct. The Trustee never questioned any of the expenses on the bank acct. You just have to have your balance very low the day you file.
        Filed Ch7 BK 7/27/09
        341 Hearing 9/10/09 All Went Smoothly
        Last Day For Objections 11/09/09
        Discharged and Closed 11/12/09

Comment

At my 341, I was asked to bring in my bank statements that covered the month I filed and also all of my paystubs since filing. The trustee did look at them.

I didn't do anything thing different with my account, I continued to pay bills as normal. If you normally deposit your pay stubs, I would continue to do that.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X