top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here--and just have so many questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget tax returns preferably 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by Mi Bankruptcy View Post
      Don't forget tax returns preferably 2 years
      Oh yes, I do have 2008's tax return, and since we'll *most likely* file bk after we've already filed 2009's tax return that will be our 2 yrs returns.

Do they often ask for more than 2 yrs returns?

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
        Just to add a little to MI BANKRUPTCY's post: Make sure to download the copies of your bank statements and cc statements from the website NOW. Do it before you stop paying on the cc's. Once you stop paying all of your access is cut off from the websites.

Download as far back as you can (because its easy). Don't print anything unless your attorney or the Trustee asks for it (saves a lot of ink that way).

In a case like yours, reaffirming the recent auto purchase sounds fine. You got a good rate and did not go crazy with the payment.

Yes you can take that $2000 or whatever you get for the old vehicle and pay your attorney. It is perfectly allowed - no questions asked!

Make sure you get the right attorney. There is one you should stay away from in Tx, PM me and I will tell you who it is.....

The truck sold today. Not to anyone we know, just someone that answered the ad. It sold for blue book value--so we didn't sell it dirt cheap to unload it or anything.

We got $2000 for it. We don't want to file until March--so is it ok if we hold some of that $2000 towards a lawyer.

And use the rest to catch up on things we got behind on while we were trying to keep up with CC's?

Like our water bill that's 2 months behind, our util bill that's a partial month behind.

I'm guessing it IS ok, but just wanted to double check.

Oh, and will that count as income? Obviously it's a one time only thing. But just curious if it's going to count as income and we'll need to include that on the mean's test.
        Last edited by JEM; 11-28-2009, 12:06 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by JEM View Post
          The truck sold today.

Congratulations on the sale of your truck.

We got $2000 for it. We don't want to file until March--so is it ok if we hold some of that $2000 towards a lawyer.Yes, you can hold the funds, all or part, for payment toward your attorney fees.

And use the rest to catch up on things we got behind on while we were trying to keep up with CC's?Yes, its ok to catch up on utilities. In fact, you want to be current with your utilities when you file. There is not much leeway for paying the utilities. Do a search here in the threads and you will find that some of the company's require you to put up a deposit (or an additional) within 20 days of your BK filing.

Like our water bill that's 2 months behind, our util bill that's a partial month behind.

I'm guessing it IS ok, but just wanted to double check.

Oh, and will that count as income? Obviously it's a one time only thing. But just curious if it's going to count as income and we'll need to include that on the mean's test.
          You will need to show the $2000 on your means test if it is in your 6 mth look back period.
          Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
          Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
            You will need to show the $2000 on your means test if it is in your 6 mth look back period.
            Ugh! I was hoping that wasn't the case.

Comment

Originally posted by JEM View Post
              Ugh! I was hoping that wasn't the case.
              I'm totally confused now....I've read other posts that have said that selling a vehicle for FMV---NOT to an insider isn't considered "income".

What is the purpose of including it on the means test then?

Comment

Jem- we got into CC debt and the changes the companies made of rate jacking caused us to crash and fast We played the credit card juggling act for a year, It didn't help to have done that. In May we meat with attorney and under that advice we stoppped paying the CCs kept current with the house, cars (only 2 and are CU loans), Started getting calls from the CC"S and my answer was I was trying to do waht I could and would TAKE CARE of it as I could (CH7). Paid the deposit to atty in June and then forwarded any calls to her office. Filed in August (reaffirmed home and cars only) and are waiting for our discharge anyday now. Oh and we were over the means by less then 400. Good luck to you and keep loking here for help. no question is a dumb one and take any response as an act of kindness. (some folks get peed off with other straight from the hip response. truth hurts sometimes.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X