Ride through in CA with US Bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had our 341 Ch7 last month. US Bank wants us to sign a reaffirmation agreement on our vehicle. Our lawyer says usually the bank will not repo the vehicle if we stay current on the payments. Has anyone been through this already and have they been able to keep their vehicle?

I don't have a loan with US Bank, but I do live in CA and did a "ride through" on both my vehicles. My attorney told me that Ford and GM are the two (in calif) that tend to repossess cars if there is no reaffirmation, eventhough clients ARE current.
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sabre05 View Post
      We had our 341 Ch7 last month. US Bank wants us to sign a reaffirmation agreement on our vehicle. Our lawyer says usually the bank will not repo the vehicle if we stay current on the payments. Has anyone been through this already and have they been able to keep their vehicle?
      I have a vehicle loan with US Bank and going through a ride through with it. No problems from US Bank.
      Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
      Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

What about a "ride-through" with NFCU car loan?
        File BK7: Jan 4, 2010
        Reschedule 341: Mar 16 2010
        Discharged: Apr 22 2010
        Closed: May 6, 2010

Comment

We have been making payments, do we have to contact the bank or just keep making payments?

Comment

Originally posted by sabre05 View Post
            We have been making payments, do we have to contact the bank or just keep making payments?
            Check with your lawyer about the payments especially if US Bank wanted you to do a reaffirm on your loan. Just keep on making the payments though if you want to keep your vehicle. Did you sign the reaffirm papers?
            Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
            Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Ride through

Our lawyer sent us the reaffirm papers two days ago, but said we could just keep making the payments and not reaffirm. I spoke with someone at the bank a month ago and she said I would not get any statements unless I reaffirm. She said just remember to make the payments. So we are not going to reaffirm with the bank.

November 28th will be the last day for creditors objections, then I guess by Dec 28 we will be in the clear!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X