After 341 - Repo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mysocalledlyf
    YIkes!! Same thing happened to me, I was behind on my payments, like 3 months..didn't know what to do, where I was going to get another vehicle, or try to catch up on the one I have...2 weeks prior to my 341, my financer filed for a motion for relief from stay..boy, was I about to faint when I read that letter! Like you I was hoping until after the discharge atleast, but no, it didnt work that way. 1 week after I was on my 3rd missed payment, they sought for a relief.
    *!*
    That is what is going on with me I am behind and they have filed a motion to get a relief of the stay. Did you redeem your original vehicle or did you get a different vehicle? Thank God for Pacer or I would not have known about the motion right away. I am going to go on 722redemption.com do I need my lawyers permission to do this? Any advice is greatly appreciated as they have only given me 15 days from yesterday to respond.
    Discharged 2/27/06, closed 6/1/06

Comment

Your lawyer will need to be involved for the 722. redemption process.
      Yes get this going asap.... we don't want you walking....

Minny
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

You'll need to enter your attorney's info in the 722 app. The attorney will charge extra for arranging the redemption, but 722 includes that in the loan amount.
        Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

Originally posted by newstart
          That is what is going on with me I am behind and they have filed a motion to get a relief of the stay. Did you redeem your original vehicle or did you get a different vehicle? Thank God for Pacer or I would not have known about the motion right away. I am going to go on 722redemption.com do I need my lawyers permission to do this? Any advice is greatly appreciated as they have only given me 15 days from yesterday to respond.

Yeah I actually found out 9 days before(weird mail situation)...but my first thought(after sobbing and drowing in my own self pity) was to call my lawyer and see if there was a way to stop the creditor(big chance, huh?!) In my same mail stack was a redemption info sheet...called it and they told me I was approved for a certain payment each month and I could get another vehicle. The guy there told me I had to call my lawyer and tell him I was going this route. Long story short, me and the 722 guy decided I could keep my current vehicle...which is what I would rather do, than get one of theirs...so my lawyer had to file my 722 motion and that stopped the hearing to lift the automatic stay. Now the proceedings are still in the works. But Yes, a lawyer has to file the motion with the courts, but you don't need permission...From what I know, under the BK codes it is your right to try to redeem your property at the face value.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X