Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with Chase during a Chapter 7

Hi,
    Does anyone have experience dealing with a Chase mortgage during Chapter 7? We haven't filed yet, but I called them to asked a few questions. They stated they cannot accept payments from us while we are in bankruptcy. They will just send them back. Is that true?

What happens if we choose to reaffirm, but the judge/trustee refuses? Is it still possible to work out a repayment/loan modification plan with them after we are discharged?

We are already 2 months behind and want to keep the home. Would we be risking foreclosure if we don't make payments until after discharge?

Thank you

I am currently doing a modification with them now... I havent filed also but lost my job. They are working with me. Behind one month.

Comment

Being behind and filing Ch 7 is not good, but not impossible, either. Chase has a BK department that works with borrowers, and can answer your questions. I would contact them ASAP and find out where to send payments to.

Others will chime in, but I think you need to really communicate often with them if you wish to save the home. Most times, judges will not sign a reaffirmation. To do a "ride-through", where you keep the home and are relieved of the debt, you must usually be current. Some have gotten around this or had the lender put the missed payments on the back of the loan, but that avenue is risky for you, since Chase does not HAVE to do any of the above.

Do keep us informed, please. Information like this helps many of us.

best regards,

-dmc
      11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
      12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
      3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

I am also dealing with Chase. I have spoken to them on the phone and they are not allowed to give any info, they said we had to go through our attorney. I did call last month because they did not process our payment and I calle dmy attorney who contacted them and then 2 days later our payment cleared the bank. One thing they did say is they will only accept a payment one of 3 ways; western Union; mail; or pay by phone for a $20 fee.

Comment

does anyone know the phone number for Chase Home Mortgage bankruptcy department? I have Chase and have just been paying online through my bank's bill pay since we filed, and the money has always gone through. My last "informational statement" - (not a bill) showed my last payment was accepted and applied.

Should I just continue to pay, seeing as they are accepting my payments?

Also, my attorney said that most likely, Chase won't send reaffirmation papers, so it looks like we'll be doing a ride through, even though we wanted to reaffirm.

KBB
          Filed - 9/28/09
          341 - 11/20/09
          Last Day to Object - 1/19/10
          My BK blog: http://forgiveusourdebts.wordpress.com

Comment

I would also like to hear as many stories as possible about dealing with Chase mortgage after filing chapter 7. My biggest concern about BK will be where\how we pay Chase & CitiMortgage after filing. Will they stop our auto withdrawals? Can we pay with bill pay? Can we pay at a local branch?
            Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
            "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

I have just been discharged this month and my mortage is with GMAC. I did not reaffirm, but was current with them. They have accepted my payments and they just spread my back property taxes ($5000) over 24 months and temp raised my mortage payment $261 a month, then when I am caught up with them on that, it will fall back to the current amount I had before they did that.

I did pull a credit report last night and this mortgage shows charged off in BK and a 0 balance owing, so I guess I was sucessful in my ride throuogh and if I do not fall behind in my payments, all OK. The beauty of this is if the housing market continues to fall, or something weird happens that my equity is eaten up, I can just walk away and not be responsible for any deficit in the loan.

BooBoo

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X