top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OF course-just filed and found new bills that weren't included in filing...what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OF course-just filed and found new bills that weren't included in filing...what to do

Okay so as most of you know, I just filed. And of course, on Saturday received several bills in the mail for medical expenses I wasn't aware of. They total around $400. My question is....

should I have my lawyer do an amendment and add them??? (REMEMBER MY LAWYER...EEKK)

or

just let BK proceed without them??? In my state OHIO they have said if you are a no asset chp 7 they will not reopen case to add, but they are considered discharged??

any idea how much I am looking at to have my lawyer do it? thanks

i seriously would contact and inform your lawyer about it immediately. Afterall, you hired your lawyer to handle complications, amendments to the case, etc.. You do not want your case held up or dismissed on a technicality such as this. Honestly, this would raise an eyebrow to the trustee about you not being honest disclosing info on the date of filing. Then who knows, you could be under review, etc. Amendments happen all the time, trustee will be understandable but not bothering to report it could be considered fraud although i know it was not your intention, just honestly forgot. Trustee is for business and could view it entirely different!
    Filed CH 7 Nov 11, 2009
    341 Meeting Dec 23,2009

Comment

The amendments are quite simple for the lawyer to do. Definitely have all of your creditors added to your matrix.
      My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
      posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by shabam View Post
        The amendments are quite simple for the lawyer to do. Definitely have all of your creditors added to your matrix.
        Really shouldn't cost more than an hour's worth of time. Make sure you have all your stuff together this time so you don't have to repeat the process.

Also ask your lawyer if this was on the credit report he/she pulled, and if they didn't, find out why.
        I am a Pennsylvania Eastern and Middle District Bankruptcy, FDCPA, FCRA and Foreclosure Defense attorney, information I post is based on experience in these districts. It is not legal counsel, consider it friendly counsel.

Comment

Yup you can do an amendment but I think in FL the court charges $29 per item added. Boy that can add up quickly if you forgot a few. Jeesh, the good old US court system taking advantage of the BK people
          9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
          11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
          01/04/2010 - last day for objections
          01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

OKay I will get it all together and send it over.

Oh and my atty didn't pull a Credit report. I had one for my own reference, he never asked for one or anything. These weren't listed on the report.

Comment

if you want them included in your BK- an admendment must be filed. This typically means muiltiple forms must be ammended if you're changing your creditor list. Usually the following: schedule f (unsecured creditors), summary and statistical summaries (if required in your district), and the mailing matrix. Some districts charge by form being ammended. I had to ammend mine to add a creditor that popped up at the end, and it was only $26 (and i actually added 2).

If you don't ammend- you run the risk of the bills not being discharged. If the company isn't notified and has no other way to reasonably know about your BK- they would not be discharged. If they have pulled your credit after biling (and you see it as an inquiry) you could reasonably expect them to be discharged because they know you're filing; and would have time to object if warranted
              Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
              341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
              Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
              Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X