Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card closing and Ch-7

Dear Folks

I wish to ask a very important question and kindly request your reply.

I had mentioned the credit cards details (The Banks name, amount I owe and the card numbers) in the bk application form. I did not close those credit cards. Do I need to call the Banks and ask them to close those Credit cards or will those cards automatically close after discharge?

If I did not close those cards, will the Banks add any amount to those cards and keep asking to pay?

Please suggest

Thank You

Filed chapter-7, 341 meeting went on smoothly, Now waiting for the discharge (Nov 23rd)

The banks will close your account when they get notice of your bankruptcy, which they would have gotten about a week after you filed.

Any interest that accrues while you are in the bk process will be discharged along with the debt.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by badluck View Post
      Dear Folks

I wish to ask a very important question and kindly request your reply.

I had mentioned the credit cards details (The Banks name, amount I owe and the card numbers) in the bk application form. I did not close those credit cards. Do I need to call the Banks and ask them to close those Credit cards or will those cards automatically close after discharge?

If I did not close those cards, will the Banks add any amount to those cards and keep asking to pay?

Please suggest

Thank You

Filed chapter-7, 341 meeting went on smoothly, Now waiting for the discharge (Nov 23rd)
      Typically credit cards are closed once creditors receive notice of your bankruptcy so you do not need to call your creditors. Very rarely do some credit cards survive a BK. You had all of your credit card debt listed in your matrix at the time of filing, is that correct? Glad to hear your 341 went well!
      Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
      Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Originally posted by ForumReader View Post
        Typically credit cards are closed once creditors receive notice of your bankruptcy so you do not need to call your creditors. Very rarely do some credit cards survive a BK. You had all of your credit card debt listed in your matrix at the time of filing, is that correct? Glad to hear your 341 went well!
        Yes. I did listed all the credit cards.

I Thank both of you for your valuable information.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X