After discharge can they charge me for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After discharge can they charge me for

Moving out this weekend but there will be some stuff left behind in basement. (fridge trying to sell, lawn mower, 10 boxes of stuff we can't take of stuff plus about 15 empty boxes)

Can the bank charge us for removal when they clean it out since we are discharged?'

I looked to see how much it would cost to remove and it was 600 dollars. We are going through disabilty and will have no paycheck for 6 weeks so we just can't afford that.

Anyone been charged for a fee like that after discharge?

Originally posted by kimba251 View Post
    Moving out this weekend but there will be some stuff left behind in basement. (fridge trying to sell, lawn mower, 10 boxes of stuff we can't take of stuff plus about 15 empty boxes)

Can the bank charge us for removal when they clean it out since we are discharged?'

I looked to see how much it would cost to remove and it was 600 dollars. We are going through disabilty and will have no paycheck for 6 weeks so we just can't afford that.

free cycle... you could list it free, you haul
    or list it on craiglist free haul away

10 boxes of stuff right
    filed chapter 7 Nov 17, 2009
    341 meeting Dec 21
    dec 22 no funds no asset
    Objections for Discharge due by 02/19/2010

Comment

10 boxes plus the other stuff listed. We tried to get rid of it other ways and that is not working.

Can they charge us to remove any belongings left behind?

Comment

It is possible that they could bill you, yes. Collect from you? No. They would not sue you for that as you have nothing in writing. It is abandoned property the same as if you left a wet dish rag in the sink. It is their mess to clean up. Forget it.

Attempt to call Goodwill or the like. They will pick it up.

Did you try to have a "Yard/basement" sale and have real good and low prices? I'd love to look at what you're leaving. Many apartment owners would love a free fridge. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by kimba251 View Post

Absolutely nothing will come of what you leave behind. The bank will do no such thing as charging you to clean it out. Most likely, it will remain until the new owner takes possession.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
            Absolutely nothing will come of what you leave behind. The bank will do no such thing as charging you to clean it out. Most likely, it will remain until the new owner takes possession.
            Ohio is correct in this. The only difference in our area is that the bank will hire someone to come in and clean out the house. A friend of mine does this for a couple of the local banks. He brings in his dump trailer and cleans it out, changes the door locks, and secures the house.

He then charges the bank for the cleanout and for dumping. He also sells quiet a bit of the stuff he cleans out for extra $$$. Never a bill to the former homeowner.
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
              Ohio is correct in this. The only difference in our area is that the bank will hire someone to come in and clean out the house. A friend of mine does this for a couple of the local banks. He brings in his dump trailer and cleans it out, changes the door locks, and secures the house.

He then charges the bank for the cleanout and for dumping. He also sells quiet a bit of the stuff he cleans out for extra $$$. Never a bill to the former homeowner.
              You know, in this economy, besides being a bk lawyer, or mortician, that sounds like a very secure job. I like that idea. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                You know, in this economy, besides being a bk lawyer, or mortician, that sounds like a very secure job. I like that idea. 'Hub
                He really loves to do them for the big box out of town banks. Minimum rate for them is $1500.00 a pop to do one. $1500.00 minimum..... imagine that.

But don't worry, it's you and I and the other taxpayers that are going to be paying for it. At least it's going to one of my friends.
                All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X