top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does the trustee perform certain actions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does the trustee perform certain actions?

Just curious if the trustee is going to question income, expenses, assets, etc..will they start asking for things prior to the 341 meeting or will it all happen at the 341 and after?
    Filed Chapter 7: 10/29/09 341 Meeting: 12/02/09
    UST involved: 12/12/09 UST out: 1/10/10
    Last day for objections: 2/01/10 Discharged: 2/8/10

Our trustee didn't start questioning us about a potential asset until after we had automatically been discharged. We were sitting around waiting for the case to close, then out of the blue came a request of from the trustee to the judge to allow the trustee to hire a professional to explore a possible fraudulent conveyance.

I don't think our case is the norm but it does show that it's not over till it's closed and we are still not there yet.
    Filed 7/2. 341 on 8/14, it went well. I'm in the 60 day club. Last day for objections 10/13/09.

Comment

it happens before the 341 meeting. anything that happens after filing is your "fresh start" unless you tried to defraud the trustee.
      9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
      11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
      01/04/2010 - last day for objections
      01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

We were completely honest....probably too much in fact. A couple things I thought our attorney should have done different based on information here. But, I verified my concerns with the attorney and he told me not to worry about it. I know things vary from district to district, but I am still skeptical.
        Filed Chapter 7: 10/29/09 341 Meeting: 12/02/09
        UST involved: 12/12/09 UST out: 1/10/10
        Last day for objections: 2/01/10 Discharged: 2/8/10

Comment

Originally posted by Llelxon View Post
          Just curious if the trustee is going to question income, expenses, assets, etc..will they start asking for things prior to the 341 meeting or will it all happen at the 341 and after?
          You will get a questionnaire about a week before your 341 that will ask you some specific questions. The trustee may ask all of those questions at the 341, or none of them, but your lawyer will have you fill out the entire questionnaire.

After the 341, the trustee may follow up on questions that were asked at the 341 regarding assets and other items that need more documentation. You will most likely know what the trustee is interested in following up on, by the questions the trustee asks you at your 341.
          You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

We never got a questionaire before our 341? So maybe some Districts are different. Our 341 was in Oregon.

BooBoo

Comment

Originally posted by booboo View Post
              We never got a questionaire before our 341? So maybe some Districts are different. Our 341 was in Oregon.

BooBoo
              Yes some districts may not do this. Or maybe your lawyer filled it out directly from your interview information.

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                You will get a questionnaire about a week before your 341 that will ask you some specific questions. The trustee may ask all of those questions at the 341, or none of them, but your lawyer will have you fill out the entire questionnaire.

After the 341, the trustee may follow up on questions that were asked at the 341 regarding assets and other items that need more documentation. You will most likely know what the trustee is interested in following up on, by the questions the trustee asks you at your 341.
                Does this questionnaire get put into Pacer as a document linked to your case?

Comment

Originally posted by bkresearch View Post
                  Does this questionnaire get put into Pacer as a document linked to your case?
                  No, it will be mailed to your house, usually by your lawyer, not the court, and a copy of your answers will be sent to the panel trustee before your 341. I had to fill out two copies, one for my lawyer and one for the panel trustee, and the document was sent by the panel trustee to my lawyer, who sent it to me. It was not sent by the court.

That is how they do it in my district. The trustee asked me questions at my 341 directly from his copy of the questionnaire.

Comment

BTS and I are in the same district and I didn't receive a questionnaire (my attorney may have completed one without my knowledge). I wish this would have occurred...I could have been prepared to answer the random questions posed by the Trustee!
                    *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Originally posted by HakunaMatata View Post
                      BTS and I are in the same district and I didn't receive a questionnaire (my attorney may have completed one without my knowledge). I wish this would have occurred...I could have been prepared to answer the random questions posed by the Trustee!
                      My lawyer was FAR too lazy to complete any paperwork that she didn't have to. She probably just forwarded paperwork that her office should have filled out themselves.

Of course the questionnaire did not stop my trustee either from asking random questions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X