The bank won't pickup my vehicle after discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bank won't pickup my vehicle after discharge

So before I filed I tried to surrender my truck. It is financed through a credit union in Maryland and I have the truck in Florida. They wouldn't pick it up.

I am now discharged and just got off the phone with the bank. They advised me they will not be picking up the vehicle because it is not worth it to them.

I have a vehicle that has a title with a lien that the bank won't take. It is still tagged and insured because it is on the street. The bank wont send me the lien release. I don't drive this vehicle at all because of the gas mileage. I have a car that I drive on a daily basis.

What do I do?
    Last edited by madeia98; 11-20-2009, 02:04 PM. Reason: add info

Park it.
    Filed 9/14
    341 10/22/09
    Trustees report of no distribution 10/26
    Scheduled for discharge 12/22

Comment

It is parked...
      Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

I would ask them how much they need to settle. I would also try to line up a buyer.

In the end maybe you will come out ahead..........

Otherwise leave it parked..
        Filed 9/14
        341 10/22/09
        Trustees report of no distribution 10/26
        Scheduled for discharge 12/22

Comment

I had a similiar situation with a CU and sent them a letter stating "I have the car and you have the title" so I offer you XX$ for the title. They agreed. Nothing to lose by trying.
          Filed Ch7 5/28/09 (Pro Se) Orlando, 341 7/01, UST selected case for audit 7/01, Last day for objection 8/31. Audit report filed 9/10, no material misstatements. Discharged and closed 9/22/2009

Comment

a truck without a home...

Well the lady I talked to at the bank today really didn't want to help me at all. She said it wasnt worth them to pick it up and when I asked her for the lien release she said I wouldn't get that until I paid them 13K, the balance of the auto loan.... I am not sure if I would need to speak to another department to settle, but she pretty much hung up on me today.

My atty sent me a closing email a few weeks ago to the tune of... now that you are discharged thats the end of our services you paid for..... So I guess I will try to email them Monday and maybe they can atleast point me in the right direction for free....

I thought maybe there were some abandonment laws that I could use to re title but I'm not even sure where to begin since its titled in MD and in FL.....

Comment

Why can't you or a family member ride it till it falls apart?

Comment

abandoned

I moved from MD to FL by myself. I don't have family down here and I haven't worked in a year and a half. I just started working again and my student loans are going to kick in and I just don't have the money to insure the truck. I have no where to park it because its not allowed in my driveway per HOA so it's parked on a lot in my community and must remain tagged.

I need to get the title to dispose of the vehicle somehow. I just never dreamed that this sort of thing would actually happen. Im not sure what to do short of parking it on the street without tags and letting it be someone else's problem but then again my luck I would be responsible before the bank would.

I guess I will wait for my atty to hopefully write me back with some sort of direction in the matter or draft a letter to the bank (or should I call them?) about making an offer for the title. They say its worthless and won't pick it up. It would blue book out at around 4K for trade in but I know the NADA wholesale value would prob be in the 2.5K range and it will cost them about 1K to pick it up in FL and carrier it back to MD plus it does have some mechanical and body issues. So do I offer them $500? Im afraid they will laugh at me but they are going to write it off anyway, right?

Comment

I would hop in the vehicle, drive it to the bank and then hand them the keys. Just make sure you get a letter signed you turned the vehicle in at what branch and to whom.
                  9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
                  11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
                  01/04/2010 - last day for objections
                  01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

Thats the problem. There are no branches of my bank here in Florida, they are several states away in MD, a 26 hour drive.

Comment

Dude, sell it to a chop-shop or a junker and take the cash. Problem solved.

Comment

call a tow service.

Comment

I have the same situation with a Ford Conversion Van. The finance company has no interest in the van but will not send me the title unless I pay them off. It sits in my driveway and makes a great spare vehicle. I've kept the plates on it but dropped the insurance to liability only.

At first, I expected a repo man to come and sneak off with it in the middle of the night so I never left anything in it and kept the gas in the tank to a minimum. It's getting close to a year since I filed now and quite a while from the discharge.

I plan to drive mine until the wheels fall off.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X