X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about petition

Hello we got our petition over the weekend
    How do you answer these questions?
    1. How much do you expect to recieve for out tax refund for this year (tax year 2009) for both state and federal when we haven't filed yet for 2009 until Feb 2010

2. under schedule B under household goods it list our things like, tv vcr,freezer,books,etc... but then on next line it says name of creditor: dishwasher what is the yard sale value why is the dishwasher singled out like that?
    we don't have the original dishwasher as it broke and pd for new one with cash

3.we haven't used our credit cards in some cases for years, but still have a balance how do you go about answering when you lasted used it because statement s don't show when you lasted used it

I can't believe we don't meet with attny to go over the petition, good to know we pay $1400 and we still our kinda on our own and gather all this info for them
    Thanks for any answers and advice

Is this the orginal petition that the attorney has provided to you to fill in the blanks so he can prepare your official petition? Or is this the one that he has sent you for review before the actual filing date?

Based on question #3, it sounds like the first option. In that case just make notes on the petition giving the approx date you last used the card. The attorney is just making sure there is no issues with you having used the cards within 90 days or so of filing.

As to the taxes, do you receive approx the same amount back in your refund every year? Most likely the attorney is looking to make sure he exempts your refund if you get one. If you pay in every year, indicate that so he knows. If you don't receive the same amount back each year, but feel you will get something back, you may want to estimate your refund a little high, but still within the exemption amount. Discuss this with your attorney.

I don't know why the dishwasher is separated from the rest of the appliances. Just put in a garage sale type value (most of us have a tendency to overvalue our stuff!).

Allow yourself some time to fill in the petition. It will take longer than you think, but don't stress. This is the most critical document in the BK and you do want to make sure you are accurate with your figures.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Thanks for the reply...
      it's the one to review, make corrctions, put in any missing info then she files it with the corrected info to the court. this is the only one we'll see so everythng must be correct
      hoping we do everything correct
      another question about our mortgage we are doing trail period while waiting for loan mod we are current on that payment but not on reg payment so how do we answer that question when asked about being current on mortgage?

Comment

Put in the amount that you are behind with the full payment. Then make a notation as to the trial period payments. This BK may stop, probably will stop, your trial period modification altogether anyway.
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X