No announcement yet.

objections to discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all depends on the charges and circumstances.

People's perception of living expenses tend to vary greatly.
    My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
    posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

In the first post it states RETAIL charges... Not sure exactly what that means. I made my last pmts or any charges a good 9 mths before I filed. I had no I idea I was going to fill bk but thats another story... In the end I am glad for the time in between as I need no more stress than I already have... I am sure there are people out there who abuse the bk process in the end I think what comes around, goes around..
      Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
      Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
      Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Originally posted by klandsb View Post
        In the first post it states RETAIL charges... Not sure exactly what that means.
        I am not sure what that means either in this case. Could there be a situation where your heater or a/c unit went out, and you charged a new one at Home Depot? I would consider that a retail charge.

I have no idea how a trustee would look at that one though being it was purchased with a credit card. Probably depends on the district, individual trustee, proof it was a necessary, etc.

But I would tend to think that is a necessary living expense based on the time of year (Heater replaced in Winter, a/c replaced in Summer). It would probably be a lot better idea to sell a non-exempt asset and use those funds for such a purchase.

I hope we find out what the charges were for!

Regards,
        8^)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X