Is Pacer reliable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Pacer reliable?

A few days ago I checked Pacer to see my case. I had the 341 meeting on Oct 3 but the document of "no asset case" in my history was entered by a clerk on Nov 15 even the filed date was Oct 6. So I pulled some other cases to see what happen there. Same thing... And I also found a weird thing. Most cases after Juy 6 of 2005 have been pending status. They all have been beyound the date of objection. I am wondering that the court has not updated the cases, or the casese need more than 60 days after 341 meeting.
    Anyone got an idea it? How long takes to be updated in Pacer?
    Last edited by Lafiler; 11-30-2005, 12:08 AM.
    Aug 30: Filed Chapter 7 in Los Angeles
    Oct 03: 341 Meeting
    Dec 02: Last Day of Objections
    Dec 13: Discharge Order

Originally posted by Lafiler
    A few days ago I checked Pacer to see my case. I had the 341 meeting on Oct 3 but the document of "no asset case" in my history was entered by a clerk on Nov 15 even the filed date was Oct 6. So I pulled some other cases to see what happen there. Same thing... And I also found a weird thing. Most cases after Juy 6 of 2005 have been pending status. They all have been beyound the date of objection. I am wondering that the court has not updated the cases, or the casese need more than 60 days after 341 meeting.
    Anyone got an idea it? How long takes to be updated in Pacer?
    So many typos, it is very hard to read... Are you saying that most cases since July 6th are still pending? That seems impossible... what district?

The FILED date is what counts. The ENTERED date is not too important. I've read that some districts are a few weeks behind due to the huge volume in mid-October 2005.
    I'm in N. California ... Thanks for your replies!
    10/11/05: bought www.form7.com software
    10/14/05: Filed Ch 7 BK Petition pro se skeleton
    10/27/05: Filed all schedules, etc.
    11/17/05: 341 meeting (done!)
    01/16/06: Last day to file objections
    01/18/06: Discharged, closed

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

Originally posted by quest42
      So many typos, it is very hard to read... Are you saying that most cases since July 6th are still pending? That seems impossible... what district?

The FILED date is what counts. The ENTERED date is not too important. I've read that some districts are a few weeks behind due to the huge volume in mid-October 2005.
      Sorry about poor English!
      I filed chapter 7 in Los Angeles (California Central District).
      I pulled the cases filed June 1 to Aug 30 in CA Central District to see process, but 99 % cases after July 6 are pending. I mean the cases have the filed date and entered date, but they have not the discharged date or dismissed date even they are vey beyound on 60 days after 341 meeting.
      Last edited by Lafiler; 11-30-2005, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Some of the courts are more backed up than others.

Just looked at my info, most is pretty up to date. Most things entered & filed the same day.
        Last edited by StaciMM; 11-30-2005, 05:50 AM.
        Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Lafiler
          Sorry about poor English!
          I filed chapter 7 in Los Angeles (California Central District).
          I pulled the cases filed June 1 to Aug 30 in CA Central District to see process, but 99 % cases after July 6 are pending. I mean the cases have the filed date and entered date, but they have not the discharged date or dismissed date even they are vey beyound on 60 days after 341 meeting.
          Hi, Lafiler

I'm beginning to worry, too. We filed in Central district on 06/13, 341 on 07/20, and last day of objection was on 09/20. We haven't received a discharged to this day.

Comment

Check on pacer on your account and see if any filing fees are not paid.....
            Also call the clerk of courts and ask them, they can manually discharge it if it needs corrections.

Minny
            Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnymouth
              Check on pacer on your account and see if any filing fees are not paid.....
              Also call the clerk of courts and ask them, they can manually discharge it if it needs corrections.

Minny
              Thank you, Minny. I will do that and let you know. I know for a fact that we don't owe anything. We paid in full, but I will call the clerk of courts. Thank you again.

Comment

I checked Pacer. Most cases were paid. My case was paid on time. I guess California Central Court has not updated most cases. As recommendation, I have to call the clerk of courts to ask after 60 days.

Comment

California Central District.

I filed Sept 2nd, had my FIRST 341 meeting on Oct 7th. It was continued till Oct 24th so I could bring a copy of my last 4 paystubs and correct some mistakes in my schedules.

On Oct 24th continued again till Nov 7th to give the US Trustee time to look over my paystubs and amended schedules, but the Trustee called Nov 4th and canceled saying he had no more questions.

Checked pacer today to find the continuance for Oct 24th to Nov 7th had just been entered today. Filed date Nov 1st. They seem to be 30 days behind.

I have been tearing my hair out wondering what was taking the Trustee soo long to come to a decision. Now I may not know for 30 days.

Can I call the Trustee and ask what his report to the US Trustee says? I have his office number.

How do you look at other cases? Pacer will only let me look up cases were I know the persons name.

Comment

Originally posted by pendarus
                    California Central District.

I filed Sept 2nd, had my FIRST 341 meeting on Oct 7th. It was continued till Oct 24th so I could bring a copy of my last 4 paystubs and correct some mistakes in my schedules.

On Oct 24th continued again till Nov 7th to give the US Trustee time to look over my paystubs and amended schedules, but the Trustee called Nov 4th and canceled saying he had no more questions.

Checked pacer today to find the continuance for Oct 24th to Nov 7th had just been entered today. Filed date Nov 1st. They seem to be 30 days behind.

I have been tearing my hair out wondering what was taking the Trustee soo long to come to a decision. Now I may not know for 30 days.

Can I call the Trustee and ask what his report to the US Trustee says? I have his office number.

How do you look at other cases? Pacer will only let me look up cases were I know the persons name.
                    Click Report in Pacer. Report button is on the top of the screen. You can choose the name of trustee, date, city and kind of chapter.

Comment

Penduras,

Be patient and do not call the Trustee...........do yourself a favor......

Just calm down and let everything take it course, I'm sure you will be fine or you would have already heard something.

Minny
                      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

They must be going like gangbusters today! Just checked pacer again and saw:

Trustee's No Asset Report Filed (Entered: 11/30/2005)

OK next step!

Comment

I am also in L.A., my 341 was on Nov. 17th. Pacer still shows awaiting 341 hearing. I think they must be very backed up.
                          My BK Status:
                          10/12/2005 Chapter 7 petition on file w/ BK court
                          11/17/2005 341 Hearing (Done)
                          1/17/2006 Deadline for Objections (Scheduled)

Comment

we're having trouble with pacer as well... we filed for an installment payment plan, and of course was granted. Each payment that we've made previously was always entered within a day or two of actually making it. Nearly 2 weeks ago my hubby made the 4th and final payment and filed an amended schedule B, but it's not showing up on pacer. However, a payment of 50.00 is showing as made on 11/15... we didn't make that payment. Hubby called the BK court clerks office, and they looked it up and said everything was fine in their system, not to worry.

sure.... don't worry, it's only going to factor in what happens to the rest of our lives.... sure

Comment

"sure.... don't worry, it's only going to factor in what happens to the rest of our lives.... sure"

exactly! be happy dont worry until you are screwed. im with ya on seeing those lines from people as crap.
                              Im not an attorney or a trustee. You cant trust me either though!

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
                              [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
                              [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
                              [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X