Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HHM View Post
    Why would you lose your SUV
    I get the sense you are talking to the wrong lawyers or "people" that don't know anything about chapter 13's.
    Yes, the trailor would go....BUT YOU ARE IN DEBT, put it in perspective.
    We lose the SUV because the payment is over the allotted amount in payments per month. You are 110% correct about we have been talking to the wrong lawyers". I can not stress that enough! There needs to be a HUGE flag letting people know the RIGHT lawyer makes ALL the difference!

After talking to 8 lawyers on the phone, and one in person last night we got a call back from the RIGHT Lawyer. We see him on Tuesday.

We take responsibility for our financial problems, but not all of it. We had a 7 year plan where we would be debt free, and could still retire at age 60 or so. The dumb luck of the cancer, well.. that's just the crappy luck of things. We have to share our financial problems with three factors.

1. Our 7 year plan was totaled out when we got letters from our credit card companies letting us know they lowered our limits and increased the interest rates. (from 2.9% to 29%). We had NEVER even so much as been late on a payment in 10 years, and was no where near our limits. We also had not used the cards in several months.

2. Job hours cut back AND mandatory 2 days off a month. (loss of income).

3. Cost of our health care went up, and Projected costs. (you know what the "C" word does when shopping for insurance?)

We were not outliving our means, not by a long shot. Since we believe we found the "RIGHT" lawyer, (we will know when we meet him next week, but the hour he spent with us on the phone last night He.... well lets just say he's the RIGHT lawyer) We are moving forward for the Ch 13. So we will start posting/sharing in that thread.

Thank you all.
    In a perfect world every dog has a home, and every home has a dog.

Comment

Good your you.... I think the RIGHT lawyer makes all the difference in the world. Sometimes u have to go to as many as it takes. Remember we are talking about your future which looks a little brighter today eh ...
      Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
      Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
      Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Much brighter Klandsb thanks. The fact you have to shop so much for the RIGHT lawyer, tells me there are too many lawyers to start with. Um, maybe shouldn't put it that way, or so blunt. However a lawyer that is willing to go to bat for you vs a lawyer that is blah, blah, lets get this over with, your screwed, I got lots of fish on the line here... The difference is incomparable.

Comment

Moved to a new question
          Last edited by PacificBlue; 12-09-2009, 09:25 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X