341 tomorrow and lawyer bailed out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jribe View Post
    The 341 really isn't a big deal. The trustee will ask a few questions; in ours - he asked every person the exact same questions and only maybe 2 people out of 50 were asked anything addtional.

I've asked this before (on another thread) and no one replied...does everyone in the room get to watch and listen to all the 341 meetings before them??? There's no privacy at all?? I thought the trustee, lawyer and debtor(s) would be in a room of their own...not so?

Comment

Thanks, everyone! I actually gave my update in a new thread! Went okay!

In response to previous poster, there was NO PRIVACY. We sat at a table in a conference room and everyone else had to sit in chairs off to the side. Everyone could hear what you and trustee were saying. It's all in the open. But, when you think of it, everyone in that room is there for the same reason as you so don't sweat it!

We're in Indiana.

Comment

Originally posted by nickifan View Post
        I've asked this before (on another thread) and no one replied...does everyone in the room get to watch and listen to all the 341 meetings before them??? There's no privacy at all?? I thought the trustee, lawyer and debtor(s) would be in a room of their own...not so?
        No privacy. Others can try to listen to other 341 meetings from across the room unless some take a nap or go out of the room to breathe in paper bags to try to relax or get fresh air, etc
        Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
        Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

In our disctrict there is an anteroom outside the conference room where the 341 meeting are held. Everyone (attorney's and debtors) stay outside the conference room until their name is called for the 341. In my first 341, I was the only person in the room besides my attorney and the panel trustee. In the second (continued) 341 I was there and another party was also in the room having their continued 341. So it does vary from district to district. The meetings are not in the courthouse, but in the a regular office building where the US Trustee has its offices. I'm in the South Fl BK district, WPB area.
          Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
          Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

R Chapter 7's and Chapter 13's all mixed together ??? My 341 is Monday...
            Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
            Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
            Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

The 341 is considered open court. Anyone can sit and listen.

The 13 and 7 cases are run by different trustees...so the 341's are different days.
              7-2-2009 Filed
              8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
              10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X