Creditors showing up at 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditors showing up at 341

My wife and I owe about 23K on one credit card AMEX that we haven't used since Jult 2003. What are the chances of AMEX showing up and what would they say at the meeting???

Originally posted by newperson1127
    My wife and I owe about 23K on one credit card AMEX that we haven't used since Jult 2003. What are the chances of AMEX showing up and what would they say at the meeting???

Over 2 years ago I say "don't worry". Anything is possible but highly unlikely they will show.

Let us know what happens and good luck!

Comment

Of all the cases that I watched before my case (about 10-11).... there wasn't a single creditor in the place! I saw where someone stated that unless the creditor has a legitimate reason to think there was fraud then they know it is worthless for them to show up at the meeting. I'd say, don't worry about it.

Comment

And even if there were fraud, they'd be more likely to contact your attorney ahead of time and try to work out a deal. Better for them that way than dealing with the BK court.
        Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

I had my 341 on Monday, and only one creditor showed up for the 30 or so cases. And he was a local landlord, but he didn't even ask any questions.
          "If the truth ceases to exist, then so shall we all."
          DEEJ

Comment

We owed about $18K to one CC and used it as recently as 2 months before filing. I was SURE they would show up to allege some kind of fraud (even though we really hadn't been trying to take advantage...that's just how things worked out). But we had our 341 yesterday and no creditors were there.

Comment

we watched several cases before ours, there were 2 cases that had creditors show up. One guy was trying to hide 6 train engines (!@!?$&) and another one wanted to know where a tractor was that was used as security for a loan. The first guy was trying to squeek out of returning the trains, said it was all handled by "corporate." But the trustee says, how many stockholders are there? the guy answers, just me... trustee says, then you are corporate. he was ordered to turn over the trains. Then he tells the girl from the bank that they are in some city, can't remember which one, but it was a big one. Shes like, no, i need a street address. he was ordered to provide it by the next day to her.

as long as your not trying to hide things, i think you'll do fine

Comment

You have to be pretty bold to try to hide TRAINS!
                Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

I agree...the likelihood of AMEX showing up is slim and none especially after so long a period of time. I too saw a few creditor show up at our 341 but they were loan companies. The filers apparently had a lot of land and they were drilled for what seem to be a really long time. Other than that typically creditors contact your attorney prior to the 341 if they have issues. A friend of mine filed a few years ago and one of the department stores told her lawyer they were going to challenge her clothing purchases for her son. The purchases were nominal and made several months before she filed. The creditor did not show up. The lawyer believed they were trying to intimidate her. The only creditors that might show up would be ones trying to get the reaffirmation papers signed.

Comment

In the 20-plus 341 meetings I've seen on two different days, not one creditor showed up.
                    I'm in N. California ... Thanks for your replies!
                    10/11/05: bought www.form7.com software
                    10/14/05: Filed Ch 7 BK Petition pro se skeleton
                    10/27/05: Filed all schedules, etc.
                    11/17/05: 341 meeting (done!)
                    01/16/06: Last day to file objections
                    01/18/06: Discharged, closed

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

"In the 20-plus 341 meetings I've seen..."

quest, lol you sound like me!
                      Im not an attorney or a trustee. You cant trust me either though!

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
                      [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
                      [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
                      [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

Comment

They won't show. After all, they would have to pay someone just to show up with little or no chance of recovering anything, which would only increase their loss. Just don't expect to be getting another amex card for about um, 10 yrs.

Comment

He likes pulling the choo-choo? )Yea, mixed message!)

Originally posted by StaciMM
                          You have to be pretty bold to try to hide TRAINS!

Actually, the guy was probably a collector...They are quite a weird buunch. If the trustee demanded I sell all except for my clothes, I'd surely do so..I have NO interest in hiding stuff, nor getting someone like that after me!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X