No announcement yet.

schedule I/J wiggle room and debt payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It now looks like I can easily come net-negative if I include payments on the 2009 taxes I'll be owing. Hopefully that's a reasonable thing to include.

It might also be a hint to the trustee not to bother holding on for my next tax return as there'll be no refund to grab!

Comment

To be clear: it is okay if I list on schedule J installment payments on back taxes I expect to have to make because that debt won't be discharged? (And indeed that I have been making pre-filing.)

Comment

Just including reasonable payments on our non-dischargeable 2008 outstanding taxes (which will still leave us owing on them after 2010) easily brought my schedule J well within where I need it to be, even without including payments on the extra we'll owe for 2009 (which I did mention in the "expected changes" section). With luck it won't get a second glance. I'm particularly sensitive about this because, although we passed the means test easily, we have over a half-million in unsecured debt which I think makes us ineligible for chapter 13 (I've not seen any suggestion anywhere that the debt limit doubles for joint filers) and I sure don't want to have to think about a personal chapter 11, I think I'd rather emigrate!

Comment

Originally posted by mtbc View Post
          I'm listing things as entertainment at $150 or so (including cable TV). Is that okay for a family of four?
          My telephone/internet/television bundle is listed on my schedule J as "Telephone" with a value of $160.00
          Chapter 7 filed December 11, 2009, 341 Meeting held on January 7, 2010
          Deadline to File a Complaint: March 8, 2010

Discharged and Closed March 11, 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X