top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to pass means test without quitting job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whipster - Sounds like we're both forming ideas about each other. You think I'm devious, and I think you're dense. Reread the other post. I did not state that I'm a CEO/owner. You do NOT know my situation or my intentions.

Now, let's get back to the central question. What is inherently fraudulent about shifting from full time to part time prior to filing?
    Last edited by squeeze; 12-06-2009, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I was making quite a bit of money but also paying a "s" load to uncle sam and interest on debt piled up over 20 years. "It is the totality of circumstances which led me to lose 3 jobs in one year, although I could easily have gotten another high paying job, my atty advised I earn less than the means if I could hang in for 6 months so I took a job that only paid about 2000 a month as an indep contractor to that entity. I file next month and will be under the mean. When asked why I didn't earn more my answer will be working 20 hours a day for over the last 10 years has ruined my family life, I cannot type which my job now requires, I am burnt out and have decided to go to undergraduate school and complete my BS degree and with family help post Bk and working part time and help from Obama will fund my education. It beats working as an indentured servant for 5 years. I simply refuse to go back and do what I was doing after so many years and not being financially successful at it.

Comment

sounds like a smart plan. good luck with your filing next month!

Comment

Squeeze, though I simply love your "go F*** yourself" statements to the system, I have learned to be a little more... Um... tactful when in the courts. There is a reason why the call it the "Penal system". Guess what end of the "Penal" your on?
          In a perfect world every dog has a home, and every home has a dog.

Comment

Since filing bankruptcy is a right granted by our constitution and given that many of our presidents themselves went bankrupt, ie Jefferson, Lincoln, my advice to anyone planning this route is to quit your present job if it is not working out or you are unhappy at it as we are entitled to 'THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS " in this country and working at a job that makes you miserable but funds a CH13 is not happiness, but indentured servitude. An average lawyer could argue that point for you and win in America. It is not lying or gaming the system but the simple truth. Doing work you are not good or happy at is slavery which ended many years ago.

Comment

Pacific Blue - No worries, when I'm in the courthouse, I'll offer more restraint. Haha!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X