More ?s.. you are all so fantastic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kailansmom04 View Post
    I'm sorry to ask yet ANOTHER question, but does this mean that I shouldn't pay more than $600 total to any one unsecured creditor in the 90 days prior to filing? Because I make my monthly payments and for three months, on at least three of them, that would be greater than $600 each in a 90 day period. It's because I continue to make these payments that we suffer in other areas...

I did get an appointment with an attorney for 01/12/2010! I can't WAIT!! I know she can answer these questions at that time, but I am curious

Are you 100% sure you will follow thru with BK? If so, I would stop making payments on all CC's except the one that had a cash advance last month. Follow the advice of the other posters and make at least 2 payments on that card. With your attorney appointment not being until 1/12/2010 the earliest you will file is mid to late January. That alone gives you 2 months of payments to that creditor. Filing in March 2010 would be a great target date.

You will have to deal with the creditors calling until you retain an attorney. Once you retain the attorney, they will usually let you give the creditor their information and most calls will stop. The calls stopped for me and many others on this forum.
    Last edited by LimpDisc; 12-07-2009, 02:37 PM.
    Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
    "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

Originally posted by LimpDisc View Post
      Are you 100% sure you will follow thru with BK? If so, I would stop making payments on all CC's except the one that had a cash advance last month. Follow the advice of the other posters and make at least 2 payments on that card. With your attorney appointment not being until 1/12/2010 the earliest you will file is mid to late January. That alone gives you 2 months of payments to that creditor. Filing in March 2010 would be a great target date.

You will have to deal with the creditors calling until you retain an attorney. Once you retain the attorney, they will usually let you give the creditor their information and most calls will stop. The calls stopped for me and many others on this forum.
      I know when I talked with the attorney today, I was completely honest and she said she didn't see any reason why we couldn't file BK, but I guess if there is any doubt, I should continue paying. Regardless of what we do, I will definitely keep paying on the CC with the cash advance and the one I charged a couple things on.
      Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
      Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
      Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
      Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X