Junk Debt Buyer and/or Original Creditor on Schedule F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junk Debt Buyer and/or Original Creditor on Schedule F

I'm helping one of my brothers enter creditor data on "Schedule F" and am utilizing his credit report.

So, I noticed that some of the accounts (Original Creditors, i.e. Citibank, JCPenneys, Home Depot) no longer appear on his credit report as the debt is old.

However, the Junk Debt Buyer of that account does appear as the JDB's seem to never adhere to the SOL for reporting to the Credit Files and they love to hound you for years more if they can get away with it.

My question is....
    Would it be best to go ahead and list the Original Creditor individually and mark "unknown" for the claim amount.....as well as listing the Junk Debt Buyer (aka a Factoring Company aka a Collection Account).....or should I list the Original Creditor on the "Additional Notice"?

All of the accounts drop early 2010, however, a big fat Judgment (90K) was newly awarded and coupled with a fresh reposession and a house on the chopping block (Foreclosure sale Dec 17th) makes a BK7 badly needed.

All three events happened within a week of each other in October.

Put down the original creditor with the claim amount (or estimate). Right below it, list the collector. Under Consideration for Claim, put "Collection for (original creditor)" and leave the claim amount blank. This way, when you total the claim amounts, you only add the debt once.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X