Words of encouragement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Words of encouragement

I wanted to take a few minutes to post a sucess story for all you Ch 7's and potential Ch 7's. A little holiday cheer, as it were.

I was like you a few months ago...

I worried and I worried and I worried myself sick and I found it to be for NO REASON. Be honest, upfront and straightforward. You will be fine.

We filed, 341, discharged, no drama, no nothing. Quite anticlimactic. Now we have some savings and pay everything with CASH. We adhere to a budget and set $$ aside for extras (potential car problems, dental work, birthdays, Xmas, etc). So far, so good.

The sky did not fall down. We still live in and rent a really nice place. A few of our creditors we kept paying (storage unit and a contract on my kid's braces) and there were NO issues. I contacted them just to make sure, but NO problems.

My car insurance just renewed. It went DOWN.

We've been out of town several times. NO problems renting hotel, etc. with a debit card.

Every once in a while I get a terrible credit card application, which I promptly laugh over and throw away.

Bottom line, LIFE IS GOOD. It's better than good, it's AWESOME. Hasn't been this stress free for a long time. My wife is happy, my kids are happy, I'M HAPPY!!

To think I sat up in my huge house for so long burying myself in debt in a neverending divorce battle, torturing myself, not realizing that it would all be ok.

Please take my word for it, it will be OK!
    Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
    341 Meeting 09/09/09
    Discharged 11/12/09
    Closed 12/14/09

Thanks for posting that. I too, look forward to those days soon.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Now we have some savings and pay everything with CASH. We adhere to a budget and set $$ aside for extras (potential car problems, dental work, birthdays, Xmas, etc). So far, so good.
      This is exactly what we're focusing on now, so far paying with cash has been a great stress reliever, now to get that emergency fund started!!!!
      Filed Chapter 7 (no Asset) - Sept 2009
      341 Meeting - Oct, 2009 (Converted to Asset Case)
      DISCHARGED - Dec. 2009
      $1500 Buy Back & 67% Of Tax Refund Surrendered

Comment

Thank you for sharing this. Back in July I had a plan to off myself so my family could have my life insurance. I'm glad a friend advised me to consult an attorney and glad I found this forum. We are in a waiting pattern now to file Ch. 7 but since we have a plan I feel a huge sense of relief.

Thanks again for posting this!

Comment

Thank you! I think you just posted what most of us dream about
          Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
          "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

Thank you. It's always nice to hear that there IS light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

Originally posted by mummy View Post
              Thank you for sharing this. Back in July I had a plan to off myself so my family could have my life insurance. I'm glad a friend advised me to consult an attorney and glad I found this forum. We are in a waiting pattern now to file Ch. 7 but since we have a plan I feel a huge sense of relief.

Thanks again for posting this!
              Mummy, I'm sure your family would rather have you than that money. The OP is right as I just got my discharge and it feels great. Stick with your plan and and stay with this forum so you can prepare your filing correctly.
              Filed Chapter 7 (no Asset) - Sept 2009
              341 Meeting - Oct, 2009 (Converted to Asset Case)
              DISCHARGED - Dec. 2009
              $1500 Buy Back & 67% Of Tax Refund Surrendered

Comment

Thank you for your words. I am trying to imagine what it will feel like to have this particular boulder off my back. It sounds very nice.

Congratulations!
                11/09 - Ran out of money - 1/4/10 - Filed Chapter 7 (Pro-Se) - 2/16/10 - 341 Meeting -6/17/10 - Reaffirmation hearing (auto) - DISCHARGED 7/6/10m CLOSED 7/26/10

Comment

Thank you for the post! It's great to hear how well you are doing....we just had our 341 and found it very "non eventful". Looking forward to a much simpler life. We are surrendering our house (although staying here rent free as long as possible). I'm hoping and praying that I don't fall apart at that time as we built this as our "dream house". It's been more of a nightmare, though, so I'm ready to move on to a much less expensive rental. Thanks again for the words of encouragement. There is truly hope for us all!

Comment

Thanks ... We sure can use this info now... Because you described how we feel... We are so glad there is hope... We final came to the conclusion we can have a so much better life with bk just like you

Comment

Nice post! All the best to you. Looking forward to a fresh start like this.
                      Hope is in our way. After BK!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X