Questions about what comes next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about what comes next

We went to our 341 meeting a couple of days ago. It looks like we've gotten through this bk pretty unscathed. We get to keep our vehicle, apparently. The lawyer says it fit in our exemptions and the trustee didn't ask any questions about it at all. In fact, we were told by the lawyer that she filed it as a "no asset, no distribution" bankruptcy.

So, now we wait 90 days, I'm told. Then we will be discharged. The creditors have sixty days to file an objection. I've been told that's very unlikely. The last time we used the cards were back in May. It had been six months since we even looked at them by the time we filed.

My question to you is, what do you think happens next. Will the time just go by? No one can predict the future, but do you think there will be creditor objections?

Chances are no creditor will object and the next 60 days are fairly uneventful. This is a good thing though, no news is good news. mark that day 60 on your calender and forget about all the BK stuff, don't be like some of us that think way too much about the what-ifs. Relax and hang in there, I have been sweating out my 55 days so far.

Comment

To: Freefall and Dspii,
      I am embarrassed to say I am one of the guilty ones as well with hovering around Pacer all the time. I have only 3 days to go including this weekend. So my last day for objections is Monday, 12/14. You are early on here so far, and I, like many many newbies, do the same, think the same, worry the same. Trust me, it is consuming.
      If it wasn't for the veterans here spelling out that they were there at one time with worry (and some who won't admit it), I could not have gotten this far today.

1) All cases are different in all districts and States.
      2) All Trustees and UST's are not the same.
      3) How we handle this shows that we are all not the same under the gun.
      4) If you find a newbie that is much like you in person/case, then stick with them.
      5) Listen to the veteran bk members. Use what fits and doesn't in your own case.
      6) If YOU worry...............I WILL FORGIVE YOU FOR SURE lololololololololo...
      7) Don't take any harsh critisizm to heart if you get any because they mean well.
      8) For now, this is your OTHER family/friend to chat with. Some are men and some
      are women. I don't know their real names or genders, sometimes, but it seems
      the men readers seem to be tougher and sorta say stop whining, wait, and get over
      it. It makes me smile though. Then the women readers seem to be very detailed
      but I feel more "I hear ya" in their words, but won't come out and admit it, mostly.
      9) This is a great forum all the way around to me, and I bet you already know it.
      Stay with us, good advice or maybe none at all until.......

10) Discharge (ususally, I am told)!!!!!!
      (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
      :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

Wait a couple of weeks and go to pacer and download all of your files. You can visit as often as you like. However, don't look at any pages unless the dates have changed. You don't want to be charged unless something has changed. It's usually safe to say you shouldn't have any problems since no one showed up at meeting of the creditors.. Oh.. quit your whining.. Yeah.. I am a guy. :oP, I found a free website on: how to use pacer

That may help you if your new to PACER.. good luck

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm not sure I'm going to go to PACER. I mean, if there's an objection, my lawyer is going to hear about it right? And besides, what will looking at PACER do? It won't stop an objection.

My lawyer says the next thing is just the reafirmation agreements they will be sending to us from Ford and our Mortgage company.

But out of curiosity, has anyone had objections filed in their 60 day window? I'm concerned about Discover and BofA.

Comment

Well, by looking at PACER you get to see what the court says to your attorney. You also get a chance to see if any work has been done to your case, You will also get to see the discharge date, You will also get to see the date your case closes. You will also be able to see those reaffirmation agreements loaded into PACER if the court accepts them.

Comment

OK, I'll check it out.

Comment

Just download those documents once and don't go crazy looking at a bunch of pages. The system charges you for each page.

Comment

I will admit.. checked almost every business day. The last day just passed and have had no objections. So, I'm just checking daily now for the official "dis". After "dis" date, waiting to see what happens with atty being hired on T's side (possible stock asset). I'm probably not expecting a "close" until at earliest Jan.. most likely Feb (when I do my taxes) since T asked for 2009 returns.

BTW, which state are you in OP?
                  Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

Originally posted by Mi Bankruptcy View Post
                    Wait a couple of weeks and go to pacer and download all of your files. You can visit as often as you like. However, don't look at any pages unless the dates have changed. You don't want to be charged unless something has changed. It's usually safe to say you shouldn't have any problems since no one showed up at meeting of the creditors.. Oh.. quit your whining.. Yeah.. I am a guy. :oP, I found a free website on: how to use pacer

That may help you if your new to PACER.. good luck
                    Now that was funny!!!!! lolololo See humor can happen here!!!! loloolo
                    (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
                    :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan1951 View Post
                      Now that was funny!!!!! lolololo See humor can happen here!!!! loloolo
                      Couldn't resist

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X