top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

down @ out - How did you create your papers for filing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

down @ out - How did you create your papers for filing?

Originally posted by down @ out
    The trustee said my paperwork was the best she had seen in a while and indicated she wished the attorneys would take the time to do it like I did.

I know I made some mistakes and had to file amendments but man folks had better take this serious.
    Did you use form7 or another package... just wondered what process you used to prep your papers for filing.

--edit--

P.S. Anybody who filed pro-se and wants to chime in on this thread to describe your own process, please do?!
    Last edited by quest42; 12-03-2005, 04:15 PM.
    I'm in N. California ... Thanks for your replies!
    10/11/05: bought www.form7.com software
    10/14/05: Filed Ch 7 BK Petition pro se skeleton
    10/27/05: Filed all schedules, etc.
    11/17/05: 341 meeting (done!)
    01/16/06: Last day to file objections
    01/18/06: Discharged, closed

Bankruptcy LINKS

Form7 here... And my trustee did ask about my paperwork. He didn't say much, but since he didn't complain, I'm thinking he was impressed! And, from some of the (attorney) cases I looked up online, the standard paperwork looks awful!
    Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

Just Curious...

Originally posted by StaciMM
      Form7 here... And my trustee did ask about my paperwork. He didn't say much, but since he didn't complain, I'm thinking he was impressed! And, from some of the (attorney) cases I looked up online, the standard paperwork looks awful!

What was the cost???

Comment

I used form 7 and it came out very nice. Only flaw that I know of, was that where you list your debts, and when multiple creditors are pursueing you for 'duplicate claims' on the same debts, it still added them all up together. It made my 20k in debts into 40k on the summary table. The trustee didn't say anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Genenco
          What was the cost???

Comment

bankruptcy forms

Not sure what you mean but here goes. I simply got the forms off the court web site and filled everything in with my ink pin.

Tried to be as clear as i could and legible. Believe her comments were aimed more at that the content made sense and she believed things were straight up. Suspect a lot of games are played in filing and some folks just don`t give the questions enough attention in terms of what they are saying.

Hope this helps.

Comment

OK, good...I'm just thinking of going to my previous lawyer and having lots of the forms filled out and maybe he'll cut me a price.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X