Pay property tax???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay property tax???

We are in process of filing for chapter 7. Our property tax is up for renewal. We are keeping the house up until our BK process ends and letting the house go after. My question is do we still have to pay for property tax while we are still in the house.

Originally posted by tools2teach View Post
    We are in process of filing for chapter 7. Our property tax is up for renewal. We are keeping the house up until our BK process ends and letting the house go after. My question is do we still have to pay for property tax while we are still in the house.
    Our attorney said no. The only thing we needed to pay after filing was the HOA fees. The taxes will follow the deed and will have to be settled before the bank can sell the house. This is my understanding from our attorney.
    9/30/09 * Filed Ch7
    11/9/09 * 341 - Uneventful
    1/11/10 * Closed

Comment

Originally posted by PdxDavid View Post
      Our attorney said no. The only thing we needed to pay after filing was the HOA fees. The taxes will follow the deed and will have to be settled before the bank can sell the house. This is my understanding from our attorney.
      Correct. The taxes follow the deed.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X