Question for the Legal Eagles.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the Legal Eagles.....

If a debt surfaces after discharge (that wasn't listed on the schedules, because it was not known to the filer at that time).....

Is it still discharged? Or would the case have to be amended to discharge such a thing?

I believe I've seen threads addressing this issue - but I wasn't sure how to word it in a search, so I'm starting a new thread.....

(if someone has a link to a prior thread addressing this issue, please post it).
    Moving ahead with my fresh start!
    Ch 7 Discharge: 12/14/2009
    TT Report of No Dist! 03/31/2010
    Case CLOSED!!!: 04/28/2010

Try here. (I'm too new to know the answer, but seen it on this thread).

In a perfect world every dog has a home, and every home has a dog.

Comment

Yes, provided the following:
      there is a reasonable assumption the creditor could/should have known about the bankruptcy. If they are on your credit report- they would have the ability to run your credit and see you filed. That's reasonable.

Now- if you borrowed money from a friend- and have since moved or stopped contact: that person wouldn't reasonably know about it.

Good luck

Originally posted by last2cents View Post
      If a debt surfaces after discharge (that wasn't listed on the schedules, because it was not known to the filer at that time).....

Is it still discharged? Or would the case have to be amended to discharge such a thing?

I believe I've seen threads addressing this issue - but I wasn't sure how to word it in a search, so I'm starting a new thread.....

(if someone has a link to a prior thread addressing this issue, please post it).
      Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
      341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
      Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
      Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X