congrats... i also signed paperwork today

Comment

Congratulations
      Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
      Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
      Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
      Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

Congrats on getting the bk ball rolling.....
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Thanks, now that the stress of dealing with the phone calls is over, which I was lucky there was not alot of them, but they were interesting when I did get them, now I am stressing over the 341....I know everything will be fine, but still.....it is the unknown....

Comment

Congrats on the first step. It will all be over before you know it.
            7-2-2009 Filed
            8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
            10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Went ahead and signed up for pacer, account status on Flags says DEBTED, MEANSNO.

No date for the 341 yet.

Comment

Congrats!
                I have my first mtg on Tuesday and should get paperwork then. Once I turn that all in and lawyer is paid, is that my filing date? (Sorry for the stupid question...)
                Hope everything moves along smoothly and quickly for you!

ETA: Once you file...is that when the lovely credit card folks stop calling? We just started getting calls the past 2 days...not looking forward to this...

Comment

Originally posted by munchkn813 View Post
                  Congrats!
                  I have my first mtg on Tuesday and should get paperwork then. Once I turn that all in and lawyer is paid, is that my filing date? (Sorry for the stupid question...)
                  Hope everything moves along smoothly and quickly for you!

ETA: Once you file...is that when the lovely credit card folks stop calling? We just started getting calls the past 2 days...not looking forward to this...
                  Your first meeting with your attorney? I doubt you will get filed that day. His/her fee has to be paid in full, then alot of paper work needs to get done.

Yes, once your case is filed the calls should stop within a week or so. You will be issued a case number when your case is filed and a date for your 341 hearing, thats the one you have to go to court for.

Comment

Congratulations!
                    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by wantout View Post
                      Your first meeting with your attorney? I doubt you will get filed that day. His/her fee has to be paid in full, then alot of paper work needs to get done.

Yes, once your case is filed the calls should stop within a week or so. You will be issued a case number when your case is filed and a date for your 341 hearing, thats the one you have to go to court for.

Right...that's what I was asking...once you have the lawyer paid and all the paperwork completed and turned in, that is the official filing date. I knew at that first meeting we wouldn't be filing. I need to make sure they are the ones we want to go with for sure at that time too.
                      So happy I found the 'do not disturb' button on the phone today though!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X