student loan and bk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

student loan and bk.

I get my student loan for school in Feb. Will be filing chapter 7 in july. Figuring the loan will go for bills and the 1500 laptop I need for SCHOOL. Will the be a issue with the trustee wanting my nice shinny new 1500 laptop even though it was bought with student loans.

well i can tell you all of your household goods will be required to be listed on your petition. Hopefully, this should not bring up a red flag. If you are planning to file in July, prepare to fly under low radar between now and then. I.e. no major vacations, diamond rings, etc. Purchases like these including cash advances before filing is fraud and will not go over well with the trustee. I have read where people have had their cases dismissed and or prolonged because of fraud issues. Just be honest and prepared. All should go well then and share everything with your attorney u pick. U dont want anything to bite you in the butt after filing!
    Filed CH 7 Nov 11, 2009
    341 Meeting Dec 23,2009

Comment

all that is taken into consideration is if you can exempt your posessions. The "new 1500 laptop" won't be worth $1500 when you file anyway. The purpose of the new laptop doesn't matter either.

Just make sure whatever you purchase can be covered with state or federal exemptions.

Originally posted by bigtim6656 View Post
      I get my student loan for school in Feb. Will be filing chapter 7 in july. Figuring the loan will go for bills and the 1500 laptop I need for SCHOOL. Will the be a issue with the trustee wanting my nice shinny new 1500 laptop even though it was bought with student loans.
      Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
      341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
      Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
      Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X