top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the process of forking over 09 Return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the process of forking over 09 Return?

So, as for you guys like myself where the TT verbally said we had to send them our 09 returns, what's the process after this? BTW, my curr status is discharged but not closed (case still says no asset) but TT hired/employed atty. This is my assumed process:

1. Complete fed/state returns ASAP (hopefully by 1st week Feb 2010)
    2. Mail copy of completed tax forms to TT
    3. I'll assume we don't have to wait for anything (from step 2) and file both returns?
    4. Wait to hear from TT
    5. Will assume TT will say to "fork over" xx amount
    6. Mail payment to TT once refund(s) arrive?
    7. Hopefully case "closes" after all's said and done
    Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

That sounds pretty close. I've seen where they ask for the entire amount of the refund then send you back the portion that is yours, which is prorated based on when you filed and then subject to any exemptions.

Comment

Our TT told us the same except we had to sign an affidavit so our return will go directly to her and she will let us know "if" she is giving us anything back.
      Filed Chapter 7 September 25, 2009
      341 November 2, 2009
      Final Day for Objections 1-1-10 (Happy New Year!)
      Discharged 1-4-10

Comment

I was told to send copies of my 2009 tax returns to my attorney as soon as I file. She will provide them to the TT and I "will receive further instructions" after the TT has reviewed the returns.
        Stopped paying CCs 1/1/2009
        Filed 10/2/2009 341 11/8/2009
        Discharged! 1/13/2009 I can hardly believe it....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X