2 unexpected things at my 341 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 unexpected things at my 341 today

I had my 341 today. It went quickly, however there were two things that I did not expect.

He asked me for a number that he could have if he wants someone to come check out my house. I am in Western Washington and was not expecting that. I bought my house just over a year ago, so it is definitely upside down by about 10%, but I am current on it and was intending to do a ride-through on it. The lawyer said that he asked for that because he might offer to the loan company (Wells Fargo) to sell it for them and they might give him $10,000 or $15,000 for doing that. Has anyone ever heard of that happening when they are current and the house has negative equity?

He had me fill out a piece of paper because I have a domestic support obligation (I pay child support). The lawyer said that they would send a notice to my ex-wife and that she had some rights, but that she probably wouldn't do anything with it. I am current (and always have been) on my child support. I'm wondering what that was all about too.

They will notify your ex to make sure there is not any undisclosed past due alimony or child support, you can't discharge those in a bankruptcy. Its more a formality if you are all caught up everything and won't cause any problems.

The Trustee might think the home is worth more than you. However in the down market I doubt he'd get what he expects out of it.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Trustee also informed me at my 341 meeting that my ex-girlfriend needed to be informed due to the child support. Was a bit of a bummer because she still lives in my home town a few states away and I was hoping to not broadcast the bk filing to everyone I know .
      Filed Chapter 7: 10/29/09 341 Meeting: 12/02/09
      UST involved: 12/12/09 UST out: 1/10/10
      Last day for objections: 2/01/10 Discharged: 2/8/10

Comment

would they still contact the ex -spouse if the child support was shown as a garnishment? It is with the state and you can see it come right out of the paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by rooster0330 View Post
          would they still contact the ex -spouse if the child support was shown as a garnishment? It is with the state and you can see it come right out of the paycheck.
          Mine comes directly out of my paycheck and goes to the state and they still sent notice to her.

Comment

Originally posted by Llelxon View Post
            Mine comes directly out of my paycheck and goes to the state and they still sent notice to her.
            uggg!!!!! just curious what state are you in!!!! although I am guessing it is the same in all states!

Comment

Originally posted by rooster0330 View Post
              uggg!!!!! just curious what state are you in!!!! although I am guessing it is the same in all states!
              I am in Indiana and the support is ordered from South Dakota, but I would imagine it is the same everywhere.

Comment

I am in Washington state.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X