Discharged! And a question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged! And a question...

My husband and I got our discharge today! Thanks so much to all of you for sharing your expertise and experience here. I spent hours reading these boards over the past 6 months and the information and reassurance I found have been invaluable.

One remaining question: I saw that our attorney forgot to include one debt, to a collection company for $300. I'm assuming we therefore still owe it and it has not been discharged. Can anyone tell me if this is correct?

Thanks again!

Yes, although there is caselaw saying that if you are a no asset Ch-7, you are legally free of it even if it wasn't listed. Is that the case?
    Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
    341 Meeting 09/09/09
    Discharged 11/12/09
    Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Yes, no asset Ch 7. So it was discharged? That would be great!

Comment

In that case it should be discharged. Have you had further collection efforts? If so, send them a copy of your notice of filing and discharge, along with a brief letter. Should stop them. It's not worth their time and effort, especially over something like $300. Would cost more in small claims fees to go after you.
        Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
        341 Meeting 09/09/09
        Discharged 11/12/09
        Closed 12/14/09

Comment

A new start (gift) at Christmas for you!!

Merry Christmas on your Discharge!!!
          (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
          :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

Originally posted by killinstinct View Post
            In that case it should be discharged. Have you had further collection efforts? If so, send them a copy of your notice of filing and discharge, along with a brief letter. Should stop them. It's not worth their time and effort, especially over something like $300. Would cost more in small claims fees to go after you.
            Thanks, that's great news!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! on your early Christmas Present!! Here is a little something for you:

Merry Christmas!
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X