When would UST activate...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When would UST activate...?

I researched and learned that UST normally involves in bk cases that applicant's median income is higher than the state median as well as the unsecured debt amount is higher than 100k.

My income is about 7k higher than median and unsecured debt is a little over 100k. (But My DPI is negative.)

I have checked PACER every day but it's not shown any update so far though. My 341 is scheduled next week.

Normally when UST involves in each case?
    Does UST normally involve in the case right after 341 or they can do any time after my filing date or until the case is closed?

I am sure that there will be no problem even if UST involves in my case but I am concerning all high fees I should pay to the attorney.

When would my sleepless nights stop? probably after 341?

Thanks in advance and have a wonderful day.

You would likely know way in advance if there was any potential UST involvement. Go to bed.

You'll sleep better after the 341 (that was all?), and then you'll be discharged. You'll wonder why you worried. Do yourself a favor and stop. Just try. Trust me.
    Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
    341 Meeting 09/09/09
    Discharged 11/12/09
    Closed 12/14/09

Comment

If the UST is interested in your case you'll hear prior to the 341 if they want additional documentation generally, and they will be at the 341 in most cases if they are interested in your case and may ask additional questions or request even more documentation.
      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Thanks for all your responses.

Since I filed ch7 more than 4 weeks ago, my case would have not ben interested in by anyone so far. It means....

Thanks again and Merry Christmas...good neighbors. I can go to bed now...

Comment

The UST got involved in mine the day after the 341 meeting. This appears to be out of the normal, but it does happen. 10 days after the 341 they filed the motion of presumed abuse.
          Filed Chapter 7: 10/29/09 341 Meeting: 12/02/09
          UST involved: 12/12/09 UST out: 1/10/10
          Last day for objections: 2/01/10 Discharged: 2/8/10

Comment

We found out (our lawyer and us) of the UST interest the day of the 341 when the trustee (different then the UST) asked for any creditors and that is when the representative from the UST came forward. We were asked by the trustee to take the meeting to another room and we did. We had to file amended forms a week later and 2 days later the UST filed a motion of presumed abuse. The rest of the story is located here.
            Filed: 10/2/2009; 341: 11/10/2009;
            UST Files Motion to Dismiss: 11/24/2009 Our Attorney Files Response: 1/7/2010 UST withdraws objection; Discharge: 4/20/2010

Comment

UST got involved at the 341 and has been involved afterwards.

Comment

ust has not been involved in my case yet

I am a high income chapter 7 filer (by the means test), but I am unemployed since I was laid off just before filing. So, I have a huge negative DMI. I have not heard anything from the us trustee, and my lawyer has not told me that he is involved (although he might have communicated with him - I didn't ask him if he has). I had my 341 yesterday and the us trustee was not there, so I'm hoping the next 10 days will be quiet.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X