PACER shows bad news, I guess........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post
    Does anyone know if it would show up in PACER as a claim received? Is that something they would scan into the record? If so, no creditors have filed a claim as of yet but I am not sure if that would be something that would show in there and change the last filing date. Right now it is still from December.
    There is a document called the claims register. It is it's own document in pacer and it will list all your creditors that filed a claim against your asset. When the trustee files his final report, you will see how he divided the asset money amongst your creditors. In my case, the trustee took most of it for himself and then paid my student loans the largest chunk and then everyone else got literally just a few dollars each. The notice of the proposed payout amounts goes to each creditor that filed a claim and then they have 21 days to object to the trustee's proposed payout.

My deadline for creditors to object to the payout the trustee proposed is Monday.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
      There is a document called the claims register. It is it's own document in pacer and it will list all your creditors that filed a claim against your asset. When the trustee files his final report, you will see how he divided the asset money amongst your creditors. In my case, the trustee took most of it for himself and then paid my student loans the largest chunk and then everyone else got literally just a few dollars each. The notice of the proposed payout amounts goes to each creditor that filed a claim and then they have 21 days to object to the trustee's proposed payout.

My deadline for creditors to object to the payout the trustee proposed is Monday.
      Dang, does that mean you still haven't gotten the difference back yet? I was hoping my portion of the prorate would come back quickly. Or do he take all of yours, I can't remember.
      New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Ah, thanks guys......yeah there were 11 claims filed so I won't be getting anything but my portion back. Funny that my car loan filed a claim since I reaffirmed with them. If they get anything it better come off my balance!

Also just noticed my school loan filed a claim. Why are they acting like they aren't going to get paid?
        New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Still have no idea why the school loan is showing on there but my wife called and said we got about 27% of our tax refund back. We filed on August 17, which was day 229 of 365 so I was hoping for about 38% of it back but no such luck. It's only a difference of about $450 but still. Of course the formula is as secret as the QB rating in football because there is nothing explaining why he took what he took, but then again I guess he doesn't have to explain anything.

Hopefully now he can distribute the $4,000 he took and CLOSE my case! I wonder how long that will take.........

Comment

Still have no idea why the school loan is showing on there but my wife called and said we got about 27% of our tax refund back. We filed on August 17, which was day 229 of 365 so I was hoping for about 38% of it back but no such luck. It's only a difference of about $450 but still. Of course the formula is as secret as the QB rating in football because there is nothing explaining why he took what he took, but then again I guess he doesn't have to explain anything.

Hopefully now he can distribute the $4,000 he took and CLOSE my case! I wonder how long that will take.........
            My school loan filed a claim and got the bulk of the payout after trustee's fees, even though the school loan is exempt.

I was very lucky in that the trustee missed my 10k tax refund and I didn't have to give him any of it.
            You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
              My school loan filed a claim and got the bulk of the payout after trustee's fees, even though the school loan is exempt.

I was very lucky in that the trustee missed my 10k tax refund and I didn't have to give him any of it.
              I hope he gives my school loan the bulk of it, that's fine with me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChaseDidThis View Post
                I was told I couldn't exempt it, which actually I am ok with, he can have the whole thing if I can be done with this. The only thing that kinda hurts is it's the last year I qualify for the child tax credit. Oh well, that doesn't even equal 1 month of payments of my past cc debt.
                I was able to exempt mine under our wildcard. How can you not be allowed to exempt it?
                1/22/10 - filed Chapter 7 pro se
                3/2/10 - 341 meeting
                5/6/10 - discharged and case closed

Comment

Originally posted by zingabot View Post
                  I was able to exempt mine under our wildcard. How can you not be allowed to exempt it?
                  It depends on your state. I live in Louisiana and we have a nice home equity exemption ($25,000) but we have NO wildcard and NO income tax refund exemption.

Comment

It depends on your state. I live in Louisiana and we have a nice home equity exemption ($25,000) but we have NO wildcard and NO income tax refund exemption.
                    Ouch. That stinks. Most of our personal property was put into the wildcard. We have no tax refund exemption, but it can go into the wildcard. The attorney at the help desk (we're pro se) suggested we exempt the full amount of the tax refund and exempt only part of our furnishings and such (there wasn't enough wildcard to go around) - because a refund is easy to liquidate, used furnishings not so much (especially a bunch of inexpensive Ikea furnishings that won't fetch much).
                    1/22/10 - filed Chapter 7 pro se
                    3/2/10 - 341 meeting
                    5/6/10 - discharged and case closed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X