top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Security Card Laminated - Valid ID for 341?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Security Card Laminated - Valid ID for 341?

I laminated my SS card 20 years ago. Last year, while registering at an employment agency, they would not take it as proof of ID. They said they had to have an unaltered original.

Does anyone know if I should replace the laminated card with a new one before a 341? I have not yet filed, but am considering doing so sometime in January. Is this extra step necessary?

You can get a copy of your social security card in a really short time. I got a copy of mine in under a week by dropping by the local office and filing out one form.

Comment

You may even be able to do it by mail. It is indeed naughty to laminate one's card, so it's probably worth doing anyway in case the issue crops up again with something else.

Comment

I would not take the chance of a wasted trip and another month lost to reschedule a 341 over something that trivial. Get a new card. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

They didn't care mine was laminated. Was OK in my district anyways (N Cal).

Best luck!

Comment

In some cases, posters have told of being able to use income tax returns and/or similar documents when they were unable to produce the actual SS card.

Everything depends on your District's local rules, and your trustee's idiosyncrasies.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
              In some cases, posters have told of being able to use income tax returns and/or similar documents when they were unable to produce the actual SS card.

Everything depends on your District's local rules, and your trustee's idiosyncrasies.

After reading these comments, I'm definitely going to get a replacement. Thanks everyone! I've already looked up the local SS office and filled out the form.

Comment

Mine is laminted. 341 on 12-07 didnt even take a second look and only a quick glance to match up the #'s
                Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
                Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
                Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Nobody questioned my laminated ss card. The TT just looked at it, asked me what the last 4 digits were and then handed it back to me. I'm sure your lawyer (if you have one) would have said something by now if was going to be a problem.
                  Stopped paying CC...April 2009
                  Filed CH 7 no-asset...Aug. 19, 2009
                  341 meeting...Sept. 22, 2009
                  DISCHARGED Nov. 24, 2009 CLOSED Dec. 9, 2009

Comment

Mine was laminated, The trustee could have cared less.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X