top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D*I*S*C*H*A*R*G*E*D !!!!!!! (and a couple questions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Hub gave the best advice. Filter the money into a savings account slowly.
    Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
    "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

Great News and Congrats!!

Happy New Year with a fresh start!!

My discharge is dragging along with many others in the Western District of Mi. From the looks of things it is taking 4 months from the first day of filing to the discharge date. Just oh so tired of checking and rechecking.....yes, I know to be patient, but I am numb so I guess I am patient.

I am still sticking to No News is Good News from AngelinaCat!!
      (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
      :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

Originally posted by cfgdag View Post
        So far, saving for a few months, we have 5K saved. I hate that it is sitting in the house. I keep thinking "what if the house burns down" . But I wasn't sure if it should be put in a bank right now. I have a checking account with a small bank so I may open a savings and start putting some in. I figure since I have been discharged and it's with a bank I didn't bk on, I should be safe.....

SPalin....I see you have Chase (my mortgage co too), have they contacted you regarding any of your missed payments, since it's been since July that you've paid or have they been quiet?
        Chase has been very busy with the other 1,000+ homes in California that are in default... just a couple of phone calls, but that ended when I submitted the first set of papers for the loan modification at the end of July, I had to re-fax the papers two more times and final received a trial offer at the end of August, it was for $165 over my regular payment!!! Needless to say that was the turning point of seriously considering going Bk! The next time I heard from Chase was in late October and that was a letter saying I was late and need to pay and nothing else as I filed a few weeks later. A co-worker was discharged in November and she also has Chase and has yet to have NOD filed and she also had very little contact from them. My attorney says it will probably be 9-12 months after discharge before the NOD is filed with the County Clerk and start the foreclosure process (usually 90 days after the NOD is filed before the Bank can take the house back, at least here in Cali).
        November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

WhoooHoooo!!! Congrats on your discharge!!!!
          May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
          May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
          May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Okay, I called Chase and talked to them...I will start another thread to explain and ask some questions.

But it's good to know it takes several months....thanks for the replies!
            370K Secured Debt / 53K Unsecured Debt
            Ch 7 Filed 08/31/09
            341 on 10/07/09
            Last day to object 12/07/09 - Discharged 12/28/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X