No announcement yet.

Too Much Disposable Income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backtoschool: In our case she was living with us, but had moved in about 9-10 months prior to our filing. It didn't matter to the trustee.

In hindsight we should have fought harder instead of being intimidated.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Dang, I just read this and that Michigan trustee seems downright inhumane. I will be filing in Michigan in November and I hope I don't get all of my expenses stricken...ugh

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
      I am in Michigan and I can tell you what happened to us: We routinely paid for medication for my mother in law that her Medicaid didn't cover fully and she lived in our home. (She was on kidney dialysis 3 times a week and SS didn't even begin to cover her expenses) We also paid for all of her food, and any clothing that she needed.

It was all stricken from our list of legitimate expenses. Every bit of it. Trustee said "She gets SS and Medicaid. That's enough."

Be fully prepared to justify the outgoing income to the granddaughter. Good luck.
      Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

Dang, just when I think I have everything figured out. With just my salary I'm under median, but w/hubby's UI it puts us over. I wanted to claim the UI was an SS benefit in Eastern District.

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
        In Michigan, it is very hard to get the expenses of dependents not living with you approved as legitimate expenses, especially if those dependents were not claimed on prior year tax returns.

In Michigan, unemployment insurance is considered income.
        Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X