Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please

I had my 341 meeting on Dec. 14 everything went smoothly. My car broke down maybe a week later. My brother wants to give me his old car so I will have transportation. Can I accept it before discharge?

Why don't you just "borrow" it for a time.....
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Well that's a thought

But we live in two different states and he wants to transfer it and be done with it. I mean we are like a 1000 miles apart.

Comment

Your case is based on the 'snapshot' of the way your finances and checking/savings account looked on the day you filed for BK. You have already had your 341, and everything went okay.

While I am one to say to wait, because I want to err on the side of caution, you have a need for a vehicle, and you have a source for one. I will say this: accept the loan from the brother, and then take care of the paperwork later. You can do so by mail.

You can possibly pick one up on the side of the road for about $800.00 if you have that kind of money without a problem from the trustee. But you know your brother's car and I know you would rather go that route.

Generally, any debt or transaction you get involved with after you file, is your new debt or business and does not affect the BK. But, I have seen some instances where innocent actions do. So that is why I am so cautious. Do you have an attorney you can ask?

Good luck!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Good idea

I may even have him give it to my Mother who lives nearby and get it from her after the discharge.

Thanks everyone

Comment

giving it to your mother then borrowing it from her sounds best.
            filed ch7 May 09
            341 june 09
            discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X