Best states for finding a job after a bk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best states for finding a job after a bk

Missouri would not be one of the good states far to conservative, hubby already had the age thing going on.. now he has the BK thing. Are there states that are better than others?

Originally posted by momisery View Post
    Missouri would not be one of the good states far to conservative, hubby already had the age thing going on.. now he has the BK thing. Are there states that are better than others?
    not CA
    Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
    341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
    Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
    Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

not Oregon or Nevada or Michigan................
      Filing: 4/10/2009, 341: 5/18/2009
      Last day for objections: 7/17/2009
      Discharge: 7/29/2009

Comment

Or Arizona.

Comment

Wow.. I know of people in CA that filed and are working, so I thought it might be different. Since hub is from there, for many years, we considered it along with the fact that his mom lives there and is pretty old now. I thought AZ would not be lived there myself, loved it and want to go back, but AZ is very conservative. Are there any states?

Comment

Wow.. I know of people in CA that filed and are working, so I thought it might be different. Since hub is from there, for many years, we considered it along with the fact that his mom lives there and is pretty old now. I thought AZ would not be lived there myself, loved it and want to go back, but AZ is very conservative. Are there any states?

I have to ask, what's wrong with living/working in a conservative state?

TX seems to be doing ok in the job market--and I would consider it "conservative."

Comment

Well- i am working.. But i've been with my company for 5 years.

The biggest issue with CA- is that there aren't enough jobs to go around. Even minimum wage jobs are getting hundreds of applicants.

"good" jobs - paying 20-40k are getting thousands.

It's just a horrible time to look for work in CA. My husband has been out of work since Dec. 2008- and only able to find a few part time jobs that last a month or two before being laid off because of the economy.

Comment

The more conservative states have fewer laws to protect the employees, which usually means they are usually less accepting of things. So, I am not saying that conservative states are bad, just saying that they are less afraid of being sued than CA is or IL or CT

My boss is looking to move because her kids have asthma and Mo is horrible for mold and things. The kids are sick all the time. She hired a head hunter who told her that AZ does not have a lot of jobs, but CA is a good bet. The head hunter told her the market is turning around out there faster in jobs than AZ. I found that interesting since the unemployment rate was higher?

Comment

Definitely NOT Washington State
                  Chapter 13 Filed Nov 12, 2009
                  Converted to Chapter 7
                  341 Meeting December 29, 2009
                  Tentative Discharge March 1, 2010

Comment

what industry is the head hunter in?

Because i can tell you first hand- the CA job market is really tough.

I know a lot of unemployed people that are highly qualified- and just can't get a job.
                    The more conservative states have fewer laws to protect the employees, which usually means they are usually less accepting of things. So, I am not saying that conservative states are bad, just saying that they are less afraid of being sued than CA is or IL or CT

My boss is looking to move because her kids have asthma and Mo is horrible for mold and things. The kids are sick all the time. She hired a head hunter who told her that AZ does not have a lot of jobs, but CA is a good bet. The head hunter told her the market is turning around out there faster in jobs than AZ. I found that interesting since the unemployment rate was higher?

Comment

Banking upper mgmt is the jobs being looked at.

Comment

Oh, the person looking has several years of experience and a masters in finance. Speaks 4 languages too. She is my boss, and she is pretty cool really.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't think the state matters in this situation as much as the line of business. Banking industry in and of itself frowns upon employees with credit issues. I could be wrong but that's what I have found.

Comment

Washington State has a law against credit checks for employment outside of the financial industry. Perhaps Diamond had a bad experience or the company he was trying to work for thinks of themselves as money handlers?

momisery--you might try Kansas.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X