top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Criminal Charges for a deposit not refunded?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think you are scoundrel.

I know a story that might be similar to yours that would outline a circumstance where such things can and do happen.

Can't get into it right now thought cause I gotta run!!

Have a good night!
    Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
    Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
    Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
    341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

Not sure what I should do. I called the DA office and verified that this "special agent" did work there. He has called back and left a message to call him back, but I was unable to get through. My BK attorney says to ignore him or tell him I'm filing BK and to have him call him.

I suspect he wants to make a deal with me involving payment, but if they were really prepared to make this a criminal matter, woulnd't they have filed something in writing?

I would like this to go away, and would be inclined to pay the $300 and get rid of this stress, but it would be a hardship right now to pay it...

Comment

I got through to the agent. He talked to my customer and they want repayment in certified funds within 10 days. If they do not receive it, then he will issue a warrent for my arrest.

Comment

I would try and resolve the criminal charges asap. The district attorney will probably start looking at you further in depth. What are the charges, theft by deception and criminal simulation? Trust me, you don't want to post bail, pay restitution, have small court fines and a felony.
          9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
          11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
          01/04/2010 - last day for objections
          01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

Exactly....."criminal record".
            Filed 9/14
            341 10/22/09
            Trustees report of no distribution 10/26
            Scheduled for discharge 12/22

Comment

It's just this one issue and he said that when he hears they have been paid the case would be closed.

Comment

If this is a civil matter, how did this end up in the criminal division?

Comment

do you think you'll be able to pay it with in 10 days?
                  1.6.10 ~ Met with attorney.

Comment

I think once again this is where I need to make my point again.....what you have done is considered criminal.

If criminal charges can be filed then you have a criminal matter. NOT CIVIL.
                    Your on the wrong forum.........
                    Filed 9/14
                    341 10/22/09

Comment

Originally posted by Shakin View Post
                      I think once again this is where I need to make my point again.....what you have done is considered criminal.

If criminal charges can be filed then you have a criminal matter. NOT CIVIL.
                      Your on the wrong forum.........
                      Harrass someone esle for awhile, please.

Comment

Originally posted by ANewLeaf View Post
                        do you think you'll be able to pay it with in 10 days?
                        I'll manage to pay it. I intended to eventually refund or do the work anyway.

Comment

Actually my friend if the folks here understand the point I am trying to make they will also realize I am protecting the integrity of this forum.

You are involved in a criminal matter here. You may also be bankrupt but with regards to the topic we are discussing.....its a criminal complaint.
                          Filed 9/14
                          341 10/22/09

Comment

Originally posted by Shakin View Post
                            Actually my friend if the folks here understand the point I am trying to make they will also realize I am protecting the integrity of this forum.

You are involved in a criminal matter here. You may also be bankrupt but with regards to the topic we are discussing.....its a criminal complaint.
                            If I'm your "friend" you have a funny way of expressing friendship.

At any rate, this does tie in with bankruptcy and is a relevant point, and worth questioning how a bankruptcy filing would affect the complaint.

Please allow the moderators to "protect integrity" around here.

Comment

Once there is a complaint made with the District Attorney it is very hard to get out of the charges. Only was is to have the original complaintant retract it. Otherwise, it's a no go and there will be a warrant for your arrest.
                              In the District Attorney's eyes you took the money willingly knowing that you wouldn;t be able to do the work. The law sux sometimes.
                              9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
                              11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
                              01/04/2010 - last day for objections
                              01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

This got off into an unneeded tangent.

I wouldn't be too quick to say this is NOT a criminal matter. Unfortunately, Brokenomore has yet to say what type of work he does, certain types of work (i.e. contractors) have criminal aspects related to the transactions. Especially in NV. For most types of civil fraud, there is a criminal counterpart.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X