Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Today - Almost didn't make it...

Hello All,

I finally had my 341 today in the Chicago suburbs. Knowing that we had 6-10 inches of snow coming our way, I made sure I woke up extra early to get a move on. My 341 was scheduled for 12:15 and the drive, in normal conditions takes just under an hour.

So by this morning, we already had 6 inches of snow. I left for the meeting at 10:00, allowing myself 2 hours and 15 minutes to get there. Plenty of time, or so I thought!

The road conditions were still horrible. Even on the interstate, the speed limit is 65 mph and I was going about 35 mph. Then, a semi had jack-knifed ahead and the traffic became a parking lot. I was stuck in one place for 40 minutes without moving!!

I ended up arriving at my 341 40 minutes late, but luckily they were aware of the weather conditions and did not have a problem with me being late. I sat down, answered about 6 questions. The whole thing took 5 minutes and I was done. The trustee stated that he saw no assets and wrote N/A right on my paperwork as he said it. He didn't ask anything about my income being over the median and about my tax refund.

I was sooooo relieved that it went so smoothly, however I was extremely pissed that I drove 3 hours and risked my life to get to a meeting that lasted 5 minutes! Ugh, oh well. Thought you might enjoy my story...
    Filed Ch 7 11/28/09 | 341 1/7/10 | Last Date for Objections 3/8/10 | Discharged 3/10/10

Couldn't get to our 341 this morning in Des Moines. Live an hour away and we are still snowed in. 30 mph wind with blowing snow and are now at 2 below. We will hit 25 below here in the country tomorrow night. Our attorney said there will be no problem. They will just reschedule. They don't expect you to put your life in danger.

Comment

Originally posted by sawdust14 View Post
      Couldn't get to our 341 this morning in Des Moines. Live an hour away and we are still snowed in. 30 mph wind with blowing snow and are now at 2 below. We will hit 25 below here in the country tomorrow night. Our attorney said there will be no problem. They will just reschedule. They don't expect you to put your life in danger.
      I was so afraid of missing it because of all the comments on here, lol. Plus, my lawyer and his 4 other clients made it there, so I would have looked bad. The crazy thing was that my lawyer left 1 hour after I did! But because a couple of us had called his office, they told him to get off the interstate asap and he beat me there since he wasn't stuck. That's a load of crap. Good luck to you and your meeting!
      Filed Ch 7 11/28/09 | 341 1/7/10 | Last Date for Objections 3/8/10 | Discharged 3/10/10

Comment

The roads were rough; although, you persevered and succeeded. A little metaphoic, eh?! Congrats! Happy 60 days!
        *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Originally posted by HakunaMatata View Post
          The roads were rough; although, you persevered and succeeded. A little metaphoic, eh?! Congrats! Happy 60 days!
          Lol, love your way of looking at it. Indeed! Thank you!

Comment

You made it there and back safely, and you are now safely in the 60-day club. That is what matters.

To an uneventful 60 days....
            C7 Filed: 2009-11-06 | 341: 2009-12-14: | DISCHARGED: 2010-02-09
            Condo: Walked away due to 2nd mortgage intransigence; 1st foreclosed. Now totally DEBT FREE!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X