My first post...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first post...

Hey ya'll...after lurking on here since Oct, 09...I finally decided to "introduce" myself. I am a soon to be married mother of one with one the way. My fiance has no income as he is a foreign national and we will be adjusting his status soon after our civil ceromony. My mortgage is upside down, but it's my fault b/c I had an option arm and at the time could only afford to minimum make the payment -- there4, I've got neg amortization going on. I've already paid my atty and it's really a matter of time b4 I file. We pass the means test as a fam of 3 in maryland...even more so when I deliver this summer, should I wait that long.

Have about 125K in debt between a failed business and some personal cc's.

My issue for waiting is...I plan to keep my home, but I do not want to keep my home on the current terms, so I've been working with chase on a mod...they sure do give ppl the run around. Was told I qualified for the Obama loan mod (waiting for paperwork) and to start my new payment on Feb 1. I plan to finish out my 3 months trial mod and hopefully get the permanent one in May/June then file chap 7.

Any thoughts to my line of thinking?? O yeah, I stopped paying my cc's oct/nov or so...

Thanks for reading
    ready2file

This is by far the best forum ever for info and support. I am not sure if you should wait or not till the baby is born to file. There are some decisions you have to make at first anyways. Are you going pro se or hiring an attorney? If hiring an attorney it is best to interview more than 1 before you make your selection. Read the forum as there are tips to chosing a lawyer. After you have your initial consults, you will be able to chose the best lawyer as well as what they say about your case. Good luck!!
    (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
    :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X