Quick question on "BLACK LISTED"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question on "BLACK LISTED"

Ok so we all know some creditors black list you if you BK on them. Does the same rule apply if you apply for employment with them? Reason I ask is I recently applied, did questionere and took a very long exam that I passed on their website. Later, I recieved an email from them indicating to set up a phone interview, which I did, well the day and time comes and didn't hear a thing. Could it have been they found out I BK'd them and said forget it?
    9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
    11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
    01/04/2010 - last day for objections
    01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

I would assume some type of mis-communication of the date or phone number. If they would just drop you like a bad habbit with out explanation, would you really want to work for them?
    Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
    341 March 18
    Discharged...May 18
    Awaiting closing...

Comment

The thing is I worked for this company in the past and I proved to them my talent. The job would be in a different department, however, when I worked for them prior we engaged in this process daily and I drastically reduced their loss portfolio! I'm just shocked that I haven't heard anything. This job hunting is getting ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Don't get discouraged. You are not alone. Call them back up and find out if there was a misunderstanding on the date/time to do the phone interview.
        (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
        :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

Agreed. If they had scheduled an interview and didn't follow through, they owe you either an explanation or the opportunity to reschedule. Assume nothing. Perhaps the interviewer was home sick that day.
          Chapter 7 Filed 1/4/11
          Discharged No-asset 4/1/11
          And definitely NOT an attorney.

Comment

i don't have a phone number as it was all automated. It's for Citi and they emailed me an appointment scheduler that I click on to confirm date and time which I did. I didn't speak to an actual person in HR yet. That was the point of the call.

Comment

Same time zone as yours? I once had phone interview with a company who was in a different time zone as mine by 3 hours

Comment

I think you are being paranoid. Sounds like more of a buerucratic issue

Technically, a BK doesn't "black list" you in the sense that there is a special BK list with your name it. Instead, it is simply that a BK disqualifies you from the products offered by the creditors (e.g. American Express). Thus, everytime the creditor receives a marketing list, your name won't be on it because the list is generated with a "no BK" filter.

Comment

Yup I was being paranoid. They ended up calling 3 hours later than the scheduled time. I did have the right time zone as I checked it twice. We shall see where it goes.

Comment

DND - if it with their mortgage dept - I can definately understand it being a mix up. After dealing with them for over 4 hours and at least 5 calls, I think I have resolution to my issues but I am not holding my breath. They don't seem to have a clue on how to run that department. They probably need someone like you to come in and clean it up Try to find a number to call and find out what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by drowningNdebt View Post
                      Yup I was being paranoid. They ended up calling 3 hours later than the scheduled time. I did have the right time zone as I checked it twice. We shall see where it goes.
                      This should be a sticky. It's a classic example of assuming the worst through this process only to find out the worry was a waste of energy.

Good luck with the job hunt.
                      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Well everyone as it turns out, "I GOT THE JOB!" Yup, I start Feb 8th! Get to move from cold NJ back to warm FL! Can't wait! I leave for my journey Sat PM! Thanks to everyone on this board for your help, encouragement and friendship!

Comment

Congratulations! (-: Good for you.

I've been having a bunch of telephone interviews this week. First in-person interview looks like next week.

I was just reading about this high-speed rail project Obama's supposed to be announcing for Florida ... at least if I'm recalling the story correctly.

Comment

Good Luck

Originally posted by drowningNdebt View Post
                            Well everyone as it turns out, "I GOT THE JOB!" Yup, I start Feb 8th! Get to move from cold NJ back to warm FL! Can't wait! I leave for my journey Sat PM! Thanks to everyone on this board for your help, encouragement and friendship!
                            I am very proud of you!! Best wishes....!!!!
                            (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
                            :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

DND - congratulations!!!! You are truly getting a fresh start. No more debt, a new job and a new place to call home. I hope you visit us from time to time and let us know how you are doing. Best wishes to you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X