Any tips would be great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any tips would be great!

I just had a quick question: We received our discharge on 1/11/10 HALLELUJAH! But, our attorney told me that we were done! So, what I am wondering is this. Originally the TT told us that we would have to send our tax returns in to our atty but when our atty sent me the email saying we were done, she also said I don't need to send in my tax return. Is this something that she correct on and that the TT will just close our case or is it going to come back and bite me in the bum? I just don't want to get a refund, spend it and then have the TT come after us for it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I also don't want to keep hounding our attorney. I double checked with her and she said, nope, we are all done!!!

Were you made an asset case? If the trustee is going after your tax return, then he would have turned you into an asset case. If you received a report of no distribution and you are a no-asset case, then the trustee is not going after your tax return.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
      Were you made an asset case? If the trustee is going after your tax return, then he would have turned you into an asset case. If you received a report of no distribution and you are a no-asset case, then the trustee is not going after your tax return.
      We were made an asset case pending our tax refund, and our atty knows that. So why would she tell us that we were done? I know that we are not going to be getting much of a refund. Is it possible that the TT is going to change it back to a no asset case? Our atty said no further action is needed on our part.

Comment

That's rather strange of your atty. I would listen to the TT. If your case is still open and the TT verbally told you to provide him your 09 return, I would do it.

In my case, we were told on paper "and" verbally that our 09 return was propety of the TT. From my sig, you can see we were disrcharged, yet the case is still open today (I check daily). The case still reads "NO ASSET". I will be sending in my 09 return as instructed. I'm so anxious to do my taxes but still waiting for the W2s to arrive.

Lastly, it was asked before, but I would "think" if your case actually shows "Closed" but you had not sent in your return, it's no longer required to send in your return. However, I think the case is being held open "because" of the 09 return.
        Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X