top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which numbers does the trustee use when it comes to expenses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which numbers does the trustee use when it comes to expenses?

I am thoroughly confused. When I do my expenses according to what we have left over after taxes are taken out and health insurance, I am in in the positive. I'm sure I am missing a few items. When I go according to what the US Trustee program & Legal Consumer.com say, I am in the negative by about 200 a month. When we met with our lawyer we did a really rough draft of our expenses and they said we were a no asset chapter 7. I am getting all of my final paperwork together to send into my lawyer so we can file, and I was going to make a more detailed list of expenses. If I use what the websites say, will it raise an eyebrow with the trustee, and will I have to provide receipts?

Also how do you figure the odd and end things that come up every other month or so. I am due for an eye exam and new contacts and glasses, dental work, oil changes, and auto repairs? Do I just figure up what it would be and then divide it by 12?

Yes, even for annual things, figure up what they would be and divide by 12!

Comment

if you have a good BK only attorney, he should know what is acceptable to the UST for your dist. every district is different on how they look at things. When i sat down with mine, i had used the IRS tables. he said throw that away, its his job to make my expenses fit the template, that passes the Sniff test with the UST.
      Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
        if you have a good BK only attorney, he should know what is acceptable to the UST for your dist. every district is different on how they look at things. When i sat down with mine, i had used the IRS tables. he said throw that away, its his job to make my expenses fit the template, that passes the Sniff test with the UST.
        Our attorney did the same thing. The expenses listed for utilities on our petition don't match what we actually paid. It's not much of a difference, but it concerned me and I asked about it. His numbers fo expenses are below the standards for my area.
        Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
        "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X